FIX: Fresh Paint app keeps crashing in Windows 10, 8.1
Have you recently upgraded to Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 and your Fresh Paint application keeps crashing in the middle of your work? Well, you don’t need to be alarmed because there are some tips you can use to fix your Fresh Paint app if it keeps crashing in Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.
Upgrading to Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 will have a strong impact on your Fresh Paint application. Once you’ve hit the Update button, you either need to upgrade your graphics driver or update the Fresh Paint app. in this tutorial, you will learn how to do both and fix your issue on Windows 10 and Windows 8.1.
How can I fix Fresh Paint crashes on Windows 10?
- Reinstall Display adapter drivers
- Update your Fresh Paint app
- Reinstall the Fresh Pain app
- Run the Windows Store App troubleshooter
- Update your OS
- Use a different virtual canvas
Note: These steps below apply to Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 as well.
1. Reinstall Display adapter drivers
- Move the mouse pointer to the upper right side of the Windows screen.
- Left click or tap on the “Search” feature you have in the Charms bar.
- In the Search box write “Device manager”.
- After the search is finished left click or tap on the “Device manager” icon.
- If prompt by a user account controls window you will need to left click on the “Yes” button.
- You will need to double click or tap on the “Display adapter” feature in the left side of the screen.
- There you will find your display adapter.
Note: Write down the name of the display adapter first before you continue.
- Right click on the name of your display adapter and left click on the “Uninstall” feature.
- Left click on the “OK” button in the next window that pops up.
- Now after the uninstall process is finished you will need to restart your Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 device.
- After the restart it should install the latest driver automatically.
Note: If it doesn’t install the driver you need to go on the manufacturer’s website and download the latest version from there that is compatible with your Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 device.
- Check and see if your Fresh Paint application is still crashing after using this solution.
2. Update your Fresh Paint app
- Check and see if the Fresh Paint application you have is the latest version available on the market.
- If it isn’t then you will need to go on the Windows Store and download the latest Fresh Paint app version compatible with Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.
3. Reinstall the Fresh Pain app
- Uninstall the Fresh Paint application.
- Reboot your Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 device.
- Install the same Fresh Paint application on your computer.
- Reboot again your Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 device.
- Check and see if your Fresh Paint application still crashes.
4. Run the Windows Store App troubleshooter
Windows 10 features a very useful app troubleshooter that helps you to quickly fix the app that you downloaded from the Store. To use this troubleshooter, go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > scroll down to locate the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter. Now, select the tool and run it, as shown in the screenshot below.
5. Update your OS
If you want to make sure your apps and programs run smoothly on your computer, make sure to install the latest OS updates. Microsoft rolls out new OS updates at least twice a month in order to fix the bugs reported by users.
So, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and check for updates.
6. Use a different virtual canvas
If the problem persists, try using a different app. Check out our list of the best Paint apps for Windows 10 and install the one that best suits your needs.
We hope that the solutions listed above helped you fixed your Fresh Paint app issues Windows 8.1 or Windows 10. If you have any questions regarding this post, let us know in the comments below and we will try to find additional solutions for you.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- How to make a background transparent in Paint and Paint 3D
- 8 of the best PC photo-editing software for 2018
- 6 best interior design software for PC: Unleash the home designer within
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in November 2014 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.
You’ve got an important email to send, but you receive the error 0x8000000b while trying to send your email. What now? To first understand why […]
Selected boot image did not authenticate error message is linked with updates, upgrades and driver updates and likely common on HP computers. Note that this […]
Microsoft announced the Surface Hub 2 almost a year ago and recently shared more details on the product line. Surface Hub 2X will hit the […]