- You cannot complete your work when the Fresh Paint app keeps crashing in Windows 10. Ready to fix this in no time?
- Updating your Fresh Paint app, reinstalling it, and updating your OS are great solutions you may apply in that regard.
- Adobe Photoshop gives you tons of tools to express your ideas in a clear, professional manner. Don’t hesitate to give it a try.
- Check out our PC Software Hub for similar articles related to software issues and instructions to fix them quickly.
Have you recently upgraded to Windows 10 and your Fresh Paint application keeps crashing in the middle of your work?
Well, you don’t need to be alarmed because there are some tips you can use to fix your Fresh Paint app if it keeps crashing in Windows 10.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to do both and fix your issue on Windows 10 for good.
You need to transform yet another ordinary image into a painting full of realism. Time is of the essence and it’s only natural to get frustrated when the Fresh Paint app keeps crashing.
Adobe Photoshop might save your day. That’s a full-featured image editing program appreciated by professional graphic designers, artists, and photographers alike.
It simply has the right tools for everyday edits across desktop and iPad, from refreshing boring photos to creating outstanding paintings and high-quality graphics.
Aren’t you curious to give it a try? The free trial version may help you make a decision.
How can I fix Fresh Paint crashes on Windows 10?
- Reinstall Display adapter drivers
- Update your Fresh Paint app
- Reinstall the Fresh Pain app
- Run the Microsoft Store troubleshooter
- Update your OS
- Use a different virtual canvas
Note: These steps below apply to Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 as well.
1. Reinstall Display adapter drivers
- Move the mouse pointer to the upper right side of the Windows screen.
- Left-click or tap on the Search feature you have in the Charms bar.
- In the Search box write Device manager.
- After the search is finished left click or tap on the Device Manager icon.
- If prompt by a user account controls window you will need to left-click on the Yes button.
- You will need to double click or tap on the Display adapter feature on the left side of the screen.
- There you will find your display adapter.
Note: Write down the name of the display adapter first before you continue.
- Right-click on the name of your display adapter and left-click on the Uninstall feature.
- Left-click on the OK button in the next window that pops up.
- Now after the uninstall process is finished you will need to restart your computer.
- After the restart, it should install the latest driver automatically.
Note: If it doesn’t install the driver you need to go on the manufacturer’s website and download the latest version from there that is compatible with your Windows 10 device.
- Check and see if your Fresh Paint application is still crashing after using this solution.
2. Update your Fresh Paint app
- Check and see if the Fresh Paint application you have is the latest version available on the market.
- If it isn’t then you will need to go on the Windows Store and download the latest Fresh Paint app version compatible with Windows 10.
3. Reinstall the Fresh Pain app
- Uninstall the Fresh Paint application.
- Reboot your PC.
- Install the same Fresh Paint application.
- Reboot again your computer.
- Check and see if your Fresh Paint application still crashes.
4. Run the Microsoft Store troubleshooter
Windows 10 features a very useful app troubleshooter that helps you to quickly fix the app that you downloaded from the Store.
To use this troubleshooter, go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > scroll down to locate the troubleshooter. Now, select the tool and run it.
5. Update your OS
If you want to make sure your apps and programs run smoothly on your computer, make sure to install the latest OS updates.
Microsoft rolls out new OS updates at least twice a month in order to fix the bugs reported by users. So, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and check for updates.
6. Use a different virtual canvas
If the problem persists, try using a different app. Check out our list of the best Paint apps for Windows 10 and install the one that best suits your needs.
We hope that the solutions listed above helped you fixed your Fresh Paint app issues on Windows 10.
If you have any questions regarding this post, let us know in the comments below and we will try to find additional solutions for you.
FAQ: Learn more about Fresh Paint/drawing apps
- What is the Fresh Paint app?
As its name suggests, Fresh Paint is a painting app that can easily simulate canvas paintings with brushes, pencils, and other easy to use tools.
- Does Windows 10 have a drawing program?
Yes, Windows 10 has a built-in drawing program. Paint 3D is a fun, simple to use, yet powerful choice for those who are up for drawing and 3D modeling tasks.
- What is the best drawing app for Windows 10?
Adobe Photoshop, Fresh Paint, and Particle Art are some of the best drawing apps for Windows 10. You can find more drawing apps on this dedicated list.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in July 2018 and has been since revamped and updated in May 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.