- Many hardcore gamers claimed that G-Sync isn't working on Windows 10, and it prevents them from staying competitive.
- If G-Sync is performing incorrectly on your PC, you can change the V-Sync settings.
- Use a reliable automated tool that installs the latest drivers to ensure maximum performance.
- Also, check that G-Sync is set up correctly by following our step-by-step guide below.
PC gaming has become a recreational activity where players compete against each other to achieve the best performance and results.
If you’re a gamer, and want to achieve maximum performance and the best image quality, then you are most likely using the Nvidia G-Sync technology.
Although this technology can prevent screen tearing during gameplay sessions, many users reported that G-Sync isn’t working in Windows 10, so let’s see if we can fix that problem.
What can I do if G-Sync isn’t working on Windows 10?
- Change V-Sync settings
- Install the latest drivers
- Check out the older driver
- Check if your G-Sync is properly configured
- Reset Windows 10
- Try replacing your RAM
1. Change V-Sync settings
- Right-click the Nvidia icon in the bottom right corner, and selectNvidia Control Panel.
- Go to Manage 3D settings in the left panel.
- Navigate to the Global Settings tab, and locate the Vertical sync option.
- Set this option to On, and click Apply to save changes.
- You can also turn on Vertical sync just for applications that are experiencing screen tearing from the Program Settings tab.
- After making these changes, restart your PC.
If G-Sync isn’t working properly on your Windows 10 PC, you can fix this problem by changing V-Sync settings. According to users, you need to turn on V-Sync to fix this problem.
As you can see, you can easily fix this problem by turning on V-Sync in Nvidia Control Panel.
We have to mention that you need to disable V-Sync in your game and keep in enabled only in Nvidia Control Panel.
Also, if you encounter some issues by adjusting the hardware settings on your graphics card, check out our complete guide to help you fix the Nvidia Control Panel crashes.
2. Install the latest drivers
Many users reported that they solved the G-Sync problem after manually downloading and installing the latest Nvidia drivers.
If you don’t want the hassle of updating drivers manually, we strongly suggest doing it automatically, by using a trusted software.
To make sure that everything goes smoothly and avoid any kind of GPU driver errors, be sure to use a complete driver update assistant that will solve your problems with just a couple of clicks, and we strongly recommend DriverFix. Follow these easy steps to safely update your drivers:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the software.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- The application will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for the app to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Keep you GPU on the peaks of their performance without worrying about its drivers.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
3. Check out the older driver
Usually, the latest drivers bring new features and bug fixes, but sometimes the latest drivers can cause certain issues.
Some users reported that they had this problem with G-Sync after installing the latest Nvidia drivers. According to them, they removed the latest drivers and installed the older version on their PC.
Removing graphics card drivers is quite simple, and you can do so by using a trusted tool, that is simple to use, and it will remove completely all files related to your graphics card driver.
After the driver is removed, you need to visit Nvidia’s website and download and install an older version of the driver.
Expert Tip: Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken. We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
Although this solution works for some users, we have to mention that it’s not perfect. If you experience crashes with your Nvidia driver, then check out our detailed guide to fix them in no time.
Users reported that they can’t watch videos on a second monitor after installing older drivers, so if you need to use two or more monitors, you might want to skip this solution.
4. Check if your G-Sync is properly configured
- Restart your PC with the only G-Sync monitor turned on. If you have multiple monitors, turn on other monitors later.
- Turn on and off your G-Sync monitor, and check if it’s in G-Sync mode.
- Turn on and off the G-Sync option in the Setup G-Sync tab in Nvidia Control Panel.
- Be sure to turn on and off G-Sync in Manage 3D Settings section as well.
- Make sure that you don’t have fixed refresh, V-Sync, frame rate limit and similar options turned on in the game. If you do, be sure to disable them.
According to users, in order to use G-Sync on Windows 10, you need to configure it properly. To make sure that G-Sync is working properly, follow the above simple steps.
After making these changes check if G-Sync is working on your PC. Few users reported that G-Sync doesn’t work if you use two monitors and run the game in Windowed mode, so keep that in mind.
5. Reset Windows 10
Few users reported that they fixed problems with G-Sync on Windows 10 by performing a Windows 10 reset.
Resetting Windows 10 will delete all installed applications and files from your primary partition, so you might want to use this solution as a last resort.
If you decide to perform this process, we explained how to factory reset Windows 10 in one of our detailed guide, so be sure to check it out for complete instructions.
6. Try replacing your RAM
According to some users, they managed to fix this problem by replacing their RAM. They had some issues with G-Sync and SLI, and according to them, their RAM was the culprit.
If you have the same problem, try checking your RAM or replacing one or more memory modules and check if that solves the issue.
Problems with G-Sync can cause screen tearing and lead to reduced performance. If you’re a gamer, and you have G-Sync problems, we strongly suggest that you try out some of our solutions.
Also, take a closer look at our guide if your Nvidia graphics card isn’t detected on Windows 10, and fix it with ease.
If you have any other suggestions or questions, don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments section below.