G-Sync not working in Windows 10 [GAMER’S GUIDE]
If you’re a gamer, you want to experience maximum performance without any stuttering. To achieve maximum performance and the best image quality, many users tend to use Nvidia G-Sync technology.
Although this technology can prevent screen tearing during gameplay sessions, many users reported that G-Sync isn’t working in Windows 10, so let’s see if we can fix that problem.
Here are some more similar problems you may encounter on the way:
- G-Sync not showing up
- no G-Sync option in Nvidia control panel
- G-Sync disappears in Nvidia control panel
- G-Sync broken
What can I do if G-Sync isn’t working on Windows 10?
Table of contents:
- Change V-Sync settings
- Install the latest drivers
- Install the older driver
- Check if your G-Sync is properly configured
- Reset Windows 10
- Try replacing your RAM
Fix – G-Sync not working Windows 10
Solution 1 – Change V-Sync settings
If G-Sync isn’t working properly on your Windows 10 PC, you can fix this problem by changing V-Sync settings. According to users, you need to turn on V-Sync to fix this problem. To do that, follow these simple steps:
- Open Nvidia Control Panel. You can do that by right-clicking the Nvidia icon in the bottom right corner and choosing Nvidia Control Panel from the menu.
- When Nvidia Control Panel opens, go to Manage 3D settings in the left panel.
- Now you need to go to Global Settings tab and locate Vertical sync option in the menu. Set Vertical sync to On. Click Apply to save changes. If you want, you can turn on Vertical sync just for applications that are experiencing screen tearing from the Program Settings tab.
- After making these changes, restart your PC.
As you can see, you can easily fix this problem by turning on V-Sync in Nvidia Control Panel. We have to mention that you need to disable V-Sync in your game and keep in enabled only in Nvidia Control Panel.
Solution 2 – Install the latest drivers
Keeping your drivers updated is important if you want to ensure maximum performance. New drivers also fix certain compatibility issues and bugs, so we recommend to install the latest drivers for your graphics card.
Users reported that they fixed the problem with G-Sync after downloading and installing the latest Nvidia drivers. According to them, you just need to download the latest drivers and choose the Custom install option.
After that, select Clean install option and follow the instructions on the screen to complete the setup.
Update drivers automatically
If you don’t want the hassle of updating drivers manually, we strongly suggest to do it automatically by using Tweakbit’s Driver Updater tool.
This tool is approved by Microsoft and Norton Antivirus. After several tests, our team concluded that this is the best automatized solution. Below you can find a quick guide how to do it:
- Download and install TweakBit Driver Updater.
- Once installed, the program will start scanning your PC for outdated drivers automatically. Driver Updater will check your installed driver versions against its cloud database of the latest versions and recommend proper updates. All you need to do is wait for the scan to complete.
- Upon scan completion, you get a report on all problem drivers found on your PC. Review the list and see if you want to update each driver individually or all at once. To update one driver at a time, click the ‘Update driver’ link next to the driver name. Or simply click the ‘Update all’ button at the bottom to automatically install all recommended updates.
Note: Some drivers need to be installed in multiple steps so you will have to hit the ‘Update’ button several times until all of its components are installed.
Solution 3 – Install the older driver
Usually, the latest drivers bring new features and bug fixes, but sometimes the latest drivers can cause certain issues. Users reported that they had this problem with G-Sync after installing the latest Nvidia drivers.
According to them, they removed the latest drivers and installed the older version on their PC. Removing graphics card drivers is quite simple, and you can do so by using a special tool called Display Driver Uninstaller.
The tool is simple to use, and it will remove completely all files related to your graphics card driver.
After the driver is removed, you need to visit Nvidia’s website and download and install an older version of the driver. Although this solution works for some users, we have to mention that it’s not perfect.
Users reported that they can’t watch videos on a second monitor after installing older drivers, so if you need to use two or more monitors, you might want to skip this solution.
Solution 4 – Check if your G-Sync is properly configured
According to users, in order to use G-Sync on Windows 10, you need to configure it properly. To make sure that G-Sync is working properly, follow these simple steps:
- Restart your computer with the only G-Sync monitor turned on. If you have multiple monitors, turn on other monitors later.
- Turn on and off your G-Sync monitor and check if it’s in G-Sync mode.
- Turn on and off G-Sync option in Setup G-Sync tab in Nvidia Control Panel. Be sure to turn on and off G-Sync in Manage 3D Settings section as well.
- Make sure that you don’t have fixed refresh, V-Sync, frame rate limit and similar options turned on in the game. If you do, be sure to disable them.
After making these changes check if G-Sync is working on your PC. Few users reported that G-Sync doesn’t work if you use two monitors and run the game in Windowed mode, so keep that in mind.
Solution 5 – Reset Windows 10
Few users reported that they fixed problems with G-Sync on Windows 10 by performing a Windows 10 reset. Resetting Windows 10 will delete all installed applications and files from your primary partition, so you might want to use this solution as a last resort.
If you decide to perform this process, we explained how to factory reset Windows 10 in one of our earlier articles, so be sure to check it out for detailed instructions.
Solution 6 – Try replacing your RAM
According to some users, they managed to fix this problem by replacing their RAM. They had some issues with G-Sync and SLI, and according to them, their RAM was the culprit.
If you have the same problem, try checking your RAM or replacing one or more memory modules and check if that solves the issue.
Problems with G-Sync can cause screen tearing and lead to reduced performance. If you’re a gamer and you have G-Sync problems, we strongly suggest that you try out some of our solutions.
If you have any other suggestions or questions, don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update brings support for Nvidia G-SYNC and AMD FreeSync
- NVIDIA launches GeForce Now game streaming service for Windows PCs
- NVIDIA’s PC Gaming Revival Kit brings a huge update to your systems
- Fix: Nvidia graphics card not being detected on Windows 10
- Fix: Nvidia Driver Crash on Windows 10
Update Orchestrator Service is an essential feature for Windows updates. However, many people encountered a major issue with the service. Users reported high CPU usage […]
In order to design every aspect of a great looking bag or backpack, you will need to be able to design shapes (2D panels). These […]