Whether you stream games professionally or as a hobby, you must get equipped with the proper tools to help you record audio, video, and gameplay.
Ideally, you need the best quality possible and zero delays. There are a lot of dependable game capture cards that you can explore, but most of them are pretty expensive.
In this article, we’re focusing on the affordable game capture cards that you can get under $100 from Amazon. We picked our favorite ones to let you know what we like and don’t like about them. Have a look to see which is the right fit for you.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
What the best deals for game capture cards under $100?
The VG0019 model from MYPIN is a great game capture card that you can get under $100. It records high-quality videos to 1080p and supports HDMI output. The card works only with gaming consoles, such as Xbox, Playstation, Wii U, DVD, or Blu-Ray.
The recordings can be saved to a USB flash drive (up to 1280Gb) or hard drive (up to 2Tb). Both USB 3.0 and 2.0 work well with this device.
- Records videos and gameplay to 1080p;
- Integrated microphone for commentary over gameplay;
- Compliant with most HDMI outputs;
- Doesn’t support live streaming;
- Can’t record in-game conversations;
- Doesn’t work with a PC directly;
Also from maker MYPIN, the VG0020 model is a budget-friendly game capture card that you can get under $100. Besides the fact that supports HDMI and YpbPr, you can record HD videos but only from gaming consoles.
Because the device can’t modify the video resolution, the original video quality is captured before saving the file to a USB stick or hard drive.
- Works with Playstation, Xbox, and other gaming consoles;
- Full HD 1080p video with input for HDMI;
- 480p video with input for YpbPr (Component Video);
- Microphone input for commentaries;
- Can’t be used for live streaming;
- Can’t capture video from computers;
- Doesn’t work with devices above HDCP 1.4 (copy protection);
- Microphone can’t record gameplay party chats;
It supports HDMI, live streaming, and can capture video using the OBS software. You can record gameplay from Xbox, Playstation or Wii U, as well as video from Blu-ray players.
- Capture one HD HDMI video signal channel;
- Record 1080p 60fps video directly from the HDMI signal source;
- Plug-N-Play game capture card with low latency;
- Share your screen for meetings;
- Doesn’t work with HDCP 2.2 devices (copy protection);
- Some sound output issues during live streaming;
- Doesn’t have a microphone input for commentaries;
It’s dedicated to game recording and streaming at 1080p at ultra-low latency. Hardware compression is supported, along with audio input and output.
- Capture gameplay from Wii U, Playstation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, or NES Classic Edition;
- Full HD 1080p video recorder with H.264 encoding;
- Record retroactively if you forgot to hit the REC button (TimeShift);
- Stream or share directly to Twitch, YouTube and other streaming services with voice-over;
- Doesn’t support HDCP signals (copy protection);
- Some users reported issues with the on-screen display and preview mode;
For instance, the device includes an HDMI source and output. In addition to gaming consoles, it’s compatible with PCs and laptops.
- Works with 1080p and 720p HDMI devices such as gaming consoles, DSLRs, or security cameras
- Supports HDCP devices (copy protection) at 1080p with 60fps
- Live streaming with zero latency through the HDMI loopout port
- Plug-N-Play, no drivers necessary
- Doesn’t have microphone input for game commentary
- Multiple users reported color distortion issues;
Conclusion on game capture cards under $100
You don’t need to spend a lot of money to get a reliable game capture card that lets you record audio, video and games.
Check out our suggestions and pay a visit at Amazon to see which is the best option for you when it comes to MYPIN VG0019, MYPIN VG0020, Y&H, AVerMedia, and MiraBox.