Whether you stream games professionally or as a hobby, you must get equipped with the proper tools to help you record audio, video, and gameplay.
Ideally, you need the best quality possible and zero delays. There are a lot of dependable game capture cards that you can explore, but most of them are pretty expensive.
In this article, we’re focusing on the affordable game capture cards that you can get under $100 from Amazon. We picked our favorite ones to let you know what we like and don’t like about them. Have a look to see which is the right fit for you.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
What the best deals for game capture cards under $100?
- Records videos and gameplay to 1080p;
- Integrated microphone for commentary over gameplay;
- Compliant with most HDMI outputs;
- Doesn't support live streaming
The VG0019 model from MYPIN is a great game capture card that you can get for under $100. It records high-quality videos to 1080p and supports HDMI output. The card works only with gaming consoles, such as Xbox, Playstation, Wii U, DVD, or Blu-Ray.
The recordings can be saved to a USB flash drive (up to 1280Gb) or hard drive (up to 2Tb). Both USB 3.0 and 2.0 work well with this device.
- Works with Playstation, Xbox, and other gaming consoles
- Full HD 1080p video with input for HDMI
- 480p video with input for YPbPr (Component Video)
- Microphone input for commentaries
- Can't capture video from computers
Also from maker MYPIN, the VG0020 model is a budget-friendly game capture card that you can get for under $100.
Besides the fact that supports HDMI and YPbPr, you can record HD videos but only from gaming consoles.
Because the device can’t modify the video resolution, the original video quality is captured before saving the file to a USB stick or hard drive.
- USB 3.0
- 4K video quality at 1080p
- Slick design
- HDMI port
- HDMI cables are not included
The LEADNOVO audio-video capture card is an extremely useful device to own if you’re planning or recording and streaming audio or visual, and want a crystal-clear quality.
This slick black-box ensures that you can record and stream content with 4K quality at 1080p resolution, and allows you to easily transfer files through it speedy USB 3.0.
You can get it in 3 different colors, ensuring that it will look stylish no matter if you’re using it at home or on the move.
To make things even easier, this device doesn’t require any sort of driver to be installed, and you can start using it as soon as you plug it in.
- Capture gameplay from Wii U, Playstation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, or NES Classic Edition
- Full HD 1080p video recorder with H.264 encoding
- Record retroactively if you forgot to hit the REC button (TimeShift)
- Stream or share directly to Twitch, YouTube, and other streaming services with voice-over
- Doesn't support HDCP signals (copy protection)
The AVerCapture HD game capture card from AVerMedia is right at the edge of under $100. But you get good value for your money.
It’s dedicated to game recording and streaming at 1080p at ultra-low latency. Hardware compression is supported, along with audio input and output.
- Works with 1080p and 720p HDMI devices
- Supports HDCP devices (copy protection) at 1080p with 60fps
- Live streaming with zero latency through the HDMI loop out port
- Plug-N-Play, no drivers necessary
- Doesn't have microphone input for game commentary
The MiraBox HSV321 model is also a game capture card that you can get just below $100. It comes with several handy features for game recording and streaming.
For instance, the device includes an HDMI source and output. In addition to gaming consoles, it’s compatible with PCs and laptops.
You don’t need to spend a lot of money to get a reliable game capture card that lets you record audio, video, and games.
Check out our suggestions and pay a visit to Amazon to see which is the best option for you when it comes to the options presented above
If you have any suggestions, feel free to share them with us by using the comment section below.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in November 2019 and has been revamped and updated in November 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.