Many users reported that Gmail notifications are not working in Chrome. This is a minor but an inconvenient issue, and in today’s article, we’ll show you how to fix it once and for all.
What to do if Gmail notifications aren’t working in Chrome?
1. Try a different browser
If you’re having this issue, it’s advised that you try using a different browser. This is a Chrome issue, so it’s best to use a browser that is based on Chromium engine such as UR Browser.
This browser has the same features as Chrome, so all your Chrome extensions will work. Unlike Chrome, UR Browser focuses on user privacy and security, so it comes with built-in adblocker and tracking protection.
In addition, there’s a built-in scanner for downloaded files as well as a VPN. If you want a secure and reliable browser that works perfectly with Gmail and its notifications, UR Brower is the way to go.
2. Make sure that the notifications are enabled
- Open Gmail on your PC.
- Click the Gear icon and choose Settings.
- Scroll down to the Desktop notifications and select New mail notifications on.
- Scroll all the way down and click on Save changes
- After doing that, notifications from Gmail should appear on your PC.
3. Check Windows 10 notification settings
- Press Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.
- When the Settings app opens, go to System > Notifications & actions.
- Select Notifications & actions from the left pane. In the right pane, make sure that Google Chrome is enabled in Get notifications from these senders.
4. Make sure that notifications are enabled in Chrome
- Open Gmail’s website, and click the lock icon just left of the address bar.
- Select Site settings from the menu.
- Set Notifications to Allow and save changes.
- Check if the problem is resolved.
As you can see, this is just a minor problem, but you should be able to fix it by following our solutions. If our solutions helped you feel free to let us know in the comments section below.
- How to fix Gmail emails go straight to trash
- How to fix Gmail’s buttons not showing or working
- How to fix a Gmail account not receiving emails