How to Use Google Calendar in Windows 10
Windows 10 brought a all sorts of new features and improvements and one of these improvements is related to Windows 10 Calendar App. Although there isn’t an official Google Calendar app for Windows 10 yet, you can use Windows 10 with Google Calendar, and we’ll show you how to do it.
How to Use Google Calendar With Windows 10 Calendar App
Synchronize your account
Before we start, you need to connect your Google account and Windows 10 Calendar App. To do this just follow these steps:
- Go to Start Menu and select the Calendar app.
- Once the Calendar app is opened, click the Settings icon on the bottom.
- When settings menu opens go to Accounts and choose Add account.
- Now you have option to choose different types of accounts to use such as Outlook.com, Office 365 Exchange, Google account, or iCloud. From the list of accounts select Google.
- Google login will open and you’ll be asked to enter your login data.
- After you’ve entered your username and password you’ll be notified that your account has been successfully created.
Configuring your account
After you’ve synchronized your account with Windows 10 Calendar App you can customize it. For example you can set the starting day of the week for you, as well as hours of the day you work, so you don’t get unwanted notifications. To set this follow these instructions:
- Open Calendar app and click on Settings.
- Choose Calendar Settings.
- Now you can set the First Day of the Week as well as Working Hours.
In addition, you can set how often will Calendar communicate with Google’s servers. To change these settings do the following:
- Open Settings in Calendar App and choose Accounts.
- Click Gmail.
- Next click Change mailbox sync settings.
Here you can change how often does Calendar checks Google servers for updates, as well as if you want to download full descriptions or messages. We also have to mention that by default Windows 10 will automatically sync your email as well, but if you don’t want this you can turn email syncing off by going to Account settings and switching email sync off. In addition, you can turn off email sync by going to Settings > Calendar tab in and turning off Mail And Calendar.
As you can see, Google Calendar is fully compatible with Windows 10, and although there isn’t an official Google Calendar app for Windows 10, this is fully functional solution.
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]
Microsoft released a new Windows 7 update to the general public. Update KB4457139 is actually a preview of the upcoming monthly rollup update and allows users […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update is just around the corner. Microsoft is expected to release this new OS version in October, although the exact […]