The original GPD Win mini PC was successfully received by users. GPD Win 2 is the follow-up device, and fortunately, it looks even more fabulous, boasting more impressive features. It comes with significantly upgraded power.
This brand new device is set to go on sale via crowd-funding at the beginning of 2018, on January 15.
GPD Win 2 specs & features
GPD has posted the specifications of this new device on the company’s Reddit forum. The set of specs includes various enhancements, and these will definitely make this gaming device even more exciting.
Check out the specs as they are listed on the forum:
- SOC Intel M3-7Y30
- 8GB of RAM, LPDDR3 @ 1866MHz
- 128GB of storage, M.2 2242 SSD card SATA 3.0.
- 6″ Sharp 1280x720p capacitive touchscreen with Gorilla Glass 4
- Windows 10 home 64 bitWiFi: 802.11 a/ac/b/g/n 2.4G/5G
- 2 Blutooth
- Stereo speakers and microphone
- USB Type A 3.0, USB Type C 3.0, Micro HDMI, 3.5mm headphone jack, Micro SD
- 2 x 4900mAh batteries at 3.8v. Total of 9800mAh – 37.24Wh
- Two vibration motors
- Weight 460g, Width: 162mm, Depth: 99mm, Thickness: 25mm
- The construction material consists of an ABS body, Metal frame lid with swappable cover
- PD 2.0, capable of charging the WIN 2 from zero to 50% in 30 minutes
- Heatsink + Auto controlled fan (able to pump out hot air at eight times the rate of the current WIN)
GPD Win range is intended for emulated games
The Core M3-7Y30 processor translates into enhanced performance and even more ambitious emulators. The new fan will be eight times better regarding the moving of the heat, and it will also be completely software-controlled. The dual 2 x 4900mAh batteries will result in the fact that this device will be able to keep up with the enhanced demands.
This device is expected to ship in April 2018.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT: