Halo Wars 2 won’t feature cross-play support across Microsoft devices
If you were expecting a cross-play multiplayer support to come with Halo Wars 2, you should not get your hopes up. Xbox head Phil Spencer confirmed in response to a Twitter user that the real-time strategy video game won’t support cross-play across Xbox One and Windows 10 due to “longer standing engine reasons.”
Halo Wars 2 will be rolled out to gamers on February 16 during a special launch event that will include live gameplay demos, developer interviews, and giveaways. The new game will be available to the public on February 21, though the Ultimate Edition will be up for grabs starting February 17.
While the game won’t include a cross-platform multiplayer support, Spencer finds the cross-play feature interesting going forward. It remains unclear, however, if the Xbox team plans to add the feature to the game in the near future.
Nonetheless, the sequel to the 2009 RTS game for the Xbox 360 is the next title coming to Xbox Play Anywhere. That means a single digital purchase entitles players access to the game via both the Windows 10 and Xbox One platforms. Players will also be able to pick up on Windows 10 where they left off on Xbox One through shared progress and achievements.
The game lets players lead Spartans, Warthogs and other classic Halo fighting forces in a fierce battle against a new enemy on the Halo battlefield. Set during the aftermath of Halo 5, the new game follows an all-new story told in action-packed missions that take place on the legendary Halo destination known as the Ark.
Features of the game include the following abilities:
- Build Your Halo Army: Construct your bases, prepare your vehicles and amass your troops. Lead them into huge battles that span across alien environments in a vast collection of campaign and multiplayer maps.
- Multiplayer Warfare: Play with or against your friends and the Xbox Live community in up to 3v3 matches. All-new units with explosive firepower, Leaders with special abilities that help to turn the tide in battle and thrilling multiplayer modes are at your fingertips as you wage war on a variety of maps.
- Blitz: Blitz is an entirely new way to experience Halo Wars and real-time strategy gameplay. Combining tactical combat with card-based strategy, your deck is your army in Blitz as you build collections of powerful Halo vehicles and troops and command those units in fast-action matches online or solo against waves of enemies.
The game is now available for pre-orders at $59.99 from the Microsoft Store.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Halo Wars 2 Blitz multiplayer beta now available on Xbox One and Windows 10
- How to download Xbox Play Anywhere games on your Xbox One
- Halo Wars 2: Definitive Edition to roll out for Windows 10 and Xbox One this month
Twitch is one of the most used live streaming video platforms, however, many users reported Unable to join call Twitch error. The developers at Twitch […]
Twitch is one of the most used and appreciated streaming services available on the market, but a large number of users reported Error fetching your […]