Hide Search & Task View on Windows 10 Taskbar
Windows 10 added some major features, such as Cortana and virtual desktops. But some users don’t want to use those features and prefer to remove them from the Taskbar. If you want to hide Search and Task View button from your Taskbar, you can do so with just a few clicks.
Cortana and virtual desktops are useful features to have, but if you don’t plan to use them, or if they are just taking too much of your space on your taskbar, you can easily hide them.
Hide Search/Task View from Taskbar
Cortana comes with its own Search bar and this Search bar can take a bit of space on your taskbar, but you can hide it by following these instructions:
- Right click on an empty space on your taskbar.
- From the menu navigate to Cortana.
- You’ll have three options available: Hidden, Show Cortana icon and Show Search box. Select the one you want, in our case it’s Hidden option.
- This will completely hide Cortana’s Search Bar from your taskbar, but you can enable it on a same way.
As for the Task View button, the process is even faster and in order to disable it you just need to do the following:
- Right click the empty space on your taskbar.
- From the menu click Show Task View button to uncheck it. This will remove Task View button from your taskbar completely. If you want it back, just repeat the process.
If you don’t use virtual desktops or Cortana, there’s no reason to have them on your taskbar. As you can see, hiding Search and Task View button is quite simple. There are no Registry tweaks involved and you can quickly finish the job in just one minute.
In addition, removing these items will also give you more space for important apps on your taskbar.
Of course, just by removing the Search box, you won’t also disable Cortana. If you want to completely turn off Microsoft’s assistant, you can follow the instructions listed in this guide.
If you have any questions, or comments, just reach for the comments below.
RELATED POSTS TO CHECK OUT:
- Make Windows 10’s Taskbar Start Menu Look Like Windows 7’s
- How to Backup the Taskbar in Windows 10, 8.1
- FIX: Taskbar icons flashing in Windows 10
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on November 2015 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.
The cumulative update KB4470200 for Windows 10 Fast Ring has just launched in the November Patch Tuesday roll out, and it packs two important fixes. Grab […]
We continue our Patch Tuesday series. Two more updates for you in this article – KB4467697 and KB4467703, which both are an attempt to fix an issue […]
In this article, we are going to be talking about two November 2018 Patch Tuesday updates – KB4467708 and KB4464455. Both these updates are quality improvement […]