Tip: Hide Search & Task View Buttons From the Taskbar in Windows 10
Windows 10 added some major features such as Cortana and virtual desktops, but some users don’t want to use those features and they want to remove them from Taskbar. If you want to hide Search and Task View button from your Taskbar you can do so with just a few clicks.
Cortana and virtual desktops are useful features to have, but if you don’t plan to use them, or if they are just taking too much of your space on your taskbar you can easily hide them.
Hide Search and Task View Buttons From the Taskbar in Windows 10
Cortana comes with its own Search bar and this Search bar can take a bit of space on your taskbar, but you can hide it by following these instructions:
- Right click on an empty space on your taskbar.
- From the menu navigate to Cortana.
- You’ll have three options available: Hidden, Show Cortana icon and Show Search box. Select the one you want, in our case it’s Hidden option.
- This will completely hide Cortana’s Search Bar from your taskbar, but you can enable it on a same way.
As for Task View button, the process is even faster and in order to disable it you just need to do the following:
- Right click the empty space on your taskbar.
- From the menu click Show Task View button to uncheck it. This will remove Task View button from your taskbar completely. If you want it back, just repeat the process
If you don’t use virtual desktops or Cortana there’s no reason to have them on your taskbar and as you can see hiding Search and Task View button is quite simple. In addition, removing these items will also give you more space for important apps on your taskbar.
If you have any questions, or comments, just reach for the comments below.
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]
Microsoft released a new Windows 7 update to the general public. Update KB4457139 is actually a preview of the upcoming monthly rollup update and allows users […]