HoloLens is a mixed reality device developed by Microsoft. It is extremely popular among users for creating environments where virtual items interact with physical objects.
Unfortunately, HoloLens is plagued by many issues. Many users reported that HoloLens’ voice commands are not working.
Today we will show you what to do if you encounter this problem. Also, it is worth mentioning that “Hey Cortana” works for quite a few people with this issue. So, it might not be a microphone malfunction.
In any case, you should check your microphone for any physical damage or wear.
How can I recover the voice commands in HoloLens?
1. Start Debugging
To make the voice commands work, you should deploy by Start Debugging. Alternatively, you can click on the play button from the Remote Machine.
Starting the app in the debug mode will show you in a console what’s causing the issue.
2. Restart the app
Sometimes, restarting the app would solve this issue. Developers reported that they encounter this problem in the earlier days. They solved it by simply restarting the application.
If these two simple solutions didn’t work, try our solution below.
3. Make sure the microphone is enabled
If you still encounter the issue, check if your microphone is connected.
- Select Edit > Project Settings > Player.
- Go to the green Windows Store icon and select it.
- Expand Publishing Settings.
- In the Capabilities section, make sure you checked Microphone.
- Select the Package.appxmanifest file for checking the capabilities in VS.
- Again, make sure the Microphone is enabled.
- Reboot HoloLens for a fresh start.
Once you start HoloLens, the voice commands should work properly.
Not getting voice commands in HoloLens is a frustrating problem, but you shouldn’t worry about this. Check out our methods to solve the issue in no time.
So, as you can see, you can fix this problem in no time with some easy solutions. Start the app in the debug mode or restart the app. If these solutions don’t work, make sure your microphone is enabled.
Did our solutions work for you? Did you find another way to recover voice commands in HoloLens? Do let us know in the comments section below!
RELATED ARTICLES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Here’s where to buy a HoloLens device from
- Here’s how to use the HoloLens Emulator
- HoloLens 2 is here: Wanna learn more about this new WMR headset?