- Many users have reported an Item is unplayable 0xc00d36e5 error when trying to play video files.
- To fix this issue, we've decided to list a few solutions that will help you overcome it.
- We have a Troubleshooting section filled with similar fixing guides, so check it out.
- We also recommend you visit our Video Hub to read more about Video-related issues and tutorials.
A Can’t play error message pops up stating: Item is unplayable, please reacquire the content. 0Xc00d36e5. Users’ videos don’t play when that error message pops up.
This article also covers the following issue:
- Can’t play item is unplayable please reacquire the content 0xc00d36e5
How can I fix the 0Xc00d36e5 error?
1. Repair the video
It might be the case that the video files error 0Xc00d36e5 arises for are corrupted. Users can fix corrupted videos with Stellar Repair for Video, which they can download by clicking Download on that program’s webpage.
- Open the program’s installer to add Stellar Repair for Video to Windows.
- Launch Stellar Repair for Video, and click the Add file button on its window.
- Select a video file to repair.
- Press the Repair button.
Stellar Repair for Video
Don't loose hope when you see that your video files are corrupted. Retrieve them easily with this amazing tool!
2. Play the video in an alternative media player
Windows Media Player doesn’t support the widest variety of movie file formats without extra codec packs installed.
If the 0xc00d36e5 error arises for video formats other than MOV or MP4 in Windows Media Player, try playing the same clips with WinX DVD Player instead.
WinX DVD Player supports the widest range of video formats, so it can play quite a few formats that WMP doesn’t support.
More so, if you lack the codecs from your PC, WinX DVD Player will download them as soon as you attempt to run the video in question.
Winx DVD Player
If you need to play your favorite videos without fearing error messages, then go ahead and give Winx DVD Player a try!
3. Convert the video to another format
When it comes to converting video files from one file format to another, it is a good idea to choose a tool that will manage the transformation without quality or data loss, and in as little time as possible.
One tool that fits all of these criteria is WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe.
The program makes use of your PC’s GPU to speed up the conversion process, and this also allows it to handle very large videos, such as those that are 4K quality.
Using the program will not be a problem since the interface caters to users of all experience levels, as it is as simplified as possible.
WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe
If one format is giving you trouble when you try running it, then convert it to another one with this amazing video conversion tool!
4. Add the movie file to alternative USB drive
The 0Xc00d36e5 error often arises for users who try to play video files from corrupted external storage devices, such as USB drive. Some users have confirmed they’ve fixed the issue by changing their USB sticks.
So, try moving the video files onto another USB drive and then play them from there. Alternatively, users can copy the files onto the laptop’s or desktop’s hard drive storage and play them from there.
5. Run a SFC Scan
- Press the Windows key + X hotkey in Windows 10.
- Click Command Prompt (Administrator) to open an elevated Prompt window.
- Enter this line in the Command prompt and press the Return button.:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Then enter sfc /scannow in the Command Prompt and press Return to initiate the System File Checker scan.
- When the SFC scan is finished, restart Windows 10 if a Command Prompt message states, Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files.
Corrupted system files can also be another factor behind 0Xc00d36e5 errors.
6. Clean Boot Windows 10
- Press the Windows key + R hotkey to open the Run accessory.
- Enter msconfig in Run and click OK.
- On the General tab, select the Selective Startup option and the Load System Services and Use original boot configuration checkboxes.
- On the Services tab, select the Hide all Microsoft services setting.
- Click the Disable all button.
- Press the Apply and OK buttons, and restart Windows.
Some users have also confirmed that they’ve fixed the 0xc00d36e5 error by clean-booting Windows, which might remove conflicting software from the system startup.
Those are a few resolutions that might fix the 0xc00d36e5 error for some users. Users who have fixed the same issue with other resolutions are more than welcome to share their fixes below.