How to fix the Item is unplayable 0xc00d36e5 error
Some Windows Media Player and Movie Maker users have said in forum posts that an 0xc00d36e5 error arises when they try to play MOV, MP4, and other video formats recorded on camera devices. A “Can’t play” error message pops up stating: “Item is unplayable, please reacquire the content. 0Xc00d36e5.” Users’ videos don’t play when that error message pops up.
How can Users Fix the 0Xc00d36e5 Error?
1. Add the Movie File to Alternative USB Drive
The 0Xc00d36e5 error often arises for users who try to play video files from corrupted external storage devices, such as USB drive. Some users have confirmed they’ve fixed the issue by changing their USB sticks. So, try moving the video files onto another USB drive and then play them from there. Alternatively, users can copy the files onto the laptop’s or desktop’s hard drive storage and play them from there.
2. Play the Video in an Alternative Media Player
Windows Media Player doesn’t support the widest variety of movie file formats without extra codec packs installed. If the 0xc00d36e5 error arises for video formats other than MOV or MP4 in Windows Media Player, try playing the same clips with VLC instead. The VLC media player supports the widest range of video formats, so it can play quite a few formats that WMP doesn’t support. Users can add VLC to Windows 10 by clicking Download VLC on the software’s homepage.
3. Convert the Video to Another Format
- Alternatively, try converting more obscure video formats to MP4 to ensure compatibility with the likes of Windows Media Player and Movie Maker. To do that, open the Convert video to MP4 page.
- Click Choose Files to select a video file to convert, and then press the Open button.
- Users can adjust a few options for the video conversion if required.
- Then press the Start conversion button.
- Thereafter, save the converted MP4 video to a desktop or laptop.
4. Repair the Video
- It might be the case that the video files error 0Xc00d36e5 arises for are corrupted. Users can fix corrupted videos with Digital Video Repair, which they can download by clicking Download on that program’s webpage.
- Open the program’s installer to add Digital Video Repair to Windows.
- Launch Digital Video Repair, and click the Input file button on its window.
- Select a video file to repair.
- Press the Check & repair button.
5. Run a SFC Scan
- Corrupted system files can also be another factor behind 0Xc00d36e5 errors. To scan system files, press the Windows key + X hotkey in Windows 10.
- Click Command Prompt (Administrator) to open an elevated Prompt window.
- Enter ‘DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth’ in the Command Prompt (for the Deployment Image Service utility), and press the Return button.
- Then enter ‘sfc /scannow’ in the Command Prompt and press Return to initiate the System File Checker scan.
- When the SFC scan is finished, restart Windows 10 if a Command Prompt message states, “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files.”
6. Clean Boot Windows 10
- Some users have also confirmed that they’ve fixed the 0xc00d36e5 error by clean-booting Windows, which might remove conflicting software from the system startup. Press the Windows key + R hotkey to open the Run accessory.
- Enter ‘msconfig’ in Run and click OK.
- On the General tab, select the Selective Startup option and the Load System Services and Use original boot configuration check boxes.
- On the Services tab, select the Hide all Microsoft services setting.
- Click the Disable all button.
- Press the Apply and OK buttons, and restart Windows.
Those are a few resolutions that might fix the 0xc00d36e5 error for some users. Users who have fixed the same issue with other resolutions are more than welcome to share their fixes below.
RELATED ARTICLES TO CHECK OUT:
- Music/Video error 0xc00d36c4 on Windows 10 [FULL FIX]
- How to fix error 0xc00d5212 in Windows Media Player
- How to fix corrupt QuickTime movie files on Windows PCs
Google Chrome is the most popular browser out there. It is a reliable tool to surf the Internet and has many great features. However, nothing […]
Uplay is an amazing game distribution platform created by Ubisoft. It can be used to buy and download games as well as DLCs. It can […]