- Segurazo antivirus is not really an antivirus. It only disguises as one to trick you into installing it.
- To get rid of this problem quickly, you need to uninstall this malicious software.
- Another solution is to use an alternative antivirus that protects all your data.
- You must also remove the Windows Registry entries by following the steps below.
This program is free to download, but many users also install it unintentionally.
Does the Segurazo harm your computer system? Is it a virus? Should you remove it? How do you uninstall the Segurazo virus? These are burning questions in the minds of everyone who’s installed this program.
In this article, we’ll answer all of these questions in detail.
Is Segurazo a virus, and should you uninstall it?
Segurazo is not really a virus, but it’s malicious. Also known as SAntivirus Realtime Protection Lite, this program claims to help you find and remove threats from your computer.
However, instead of doing that job, the Segurazo gives you false positives, showing you non-existent threats and encourages you to purchase software that you don’t need and may be harmful to your PC.
Therefore, you have to uninstall Segurazo before it causes further damage.
The Segurazo virus tricks you into downloading and installing it on your system. When you realize what the application really is, you also find that there’s no straightforward way to uninstall it.
The application hides, and you wouldn’t even find it in the Add or Remove Programs list. Even if you manage to uninstall it, the program tends to reinstall itself.
How can I uninstall the Segurazo application?
1. Use the Segurazo uninstaller
- Navigate to:
C:/Program Files (x86)/Segurazo
- Double-click on SegurazoUninstaller.exe.
- Select Remove Protection.
- Restart your PC.
- Close all open windows and return to the Segurazo Uninstaller window.
- Mark the Segurazo Antivirus and Configuration Files checkboxes.
- Click on the Uninstall button.
- Don’t restart your PC when prompted. Hit No.
2. Remove the Windows Registry entries
- Go to Search, type regedit, and open the Registry Editor.
- In the Windows Registry, hit the CTRL +F combination, search for Segurazo, and click on Find Next.
It should take you to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Store
- Right-click and delete the uninstaller program found in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Segurazo\SegurazoUninstaller.exe
- Press the CTRL + F combination again and hit Find Next.
This should take you to:
- Delete the following folders:
- Press CTRL + F and click on Find Next. You should land on the following folder:
- Delete the Segurazo folder.
- Go to the following path and delete the PendingFileRenameOperations value:
- Press CTRL + F and click on Find Next.
- Delete the value:
\Device\HarddiskVolume5\Program Files (x86)\Segurazo\SegurazoClient.exe
- Navigate to the folder:
- Delete the SegurazoSvc key.
- Press CTRL + F and hit Find Next.
- Delete the value found at:
\Device\HarddiskVolume5\Program Files (x86)\Segurazo\SegurazoUninstaller.exe
- Go up the Registry Editor navigation, and click on Computer.
3. Delete persistent files in Command Prompt
Remove DLL files
- Close all open programs on your system.
- Press the Windows key and search for cmd.
- Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
- In the Command Prompt window, enter the following commands and hit Enter after every line:
del /f C:\Program Files(x86)\Segurazo\SegurazoShell64_v1069.dll
del /f C:\Program Files(x86)\Segurazo\SegurazoKD.sys
Remove the Segurazo folder:
- Open File Explorer and go to:
- Delete the Segurazo folder.
- Permanently delete the folder from the Recycle Bin.
The process explained above is the right way to effectively uninstall the Segurazo virus for good. You don’t need to purchase or download any special uninstaller.
Also, modifying or deleting folders and values in the Windows Registry can damage your system; so you must be careful to follow the steps carefully.
4. Try an alternative antivirus tool
To make sure you don’t encounter other misleading software, you need a proper antivirus solution. That’s why we recommend using one of the most reliable antivirus tools on the market, which will protect your PC optimally.
This antivirus is available on multiple platforms, including Android, so give it a try. You also benefit from a free 30-day trial period where you can familiarize yourself with its best features.
This amazing software offers exquisite protection against all threats including spyware, rootkits, worms, viruses and even adware. So if security is a priority for you, then it’s worth a try!
ESET NOD32 Antivirus
Use one of the best antivirus solutions on the market and protect your PC from malicious software. Try ESET NOD32 Antivirus now!
Malware has always been one of the biggest PC problems. We hope our solutions above have helped you to uninstall Segurazo antivirus safely.
If you want an antivirus with unlimited validity, be sure to try out any of the programs from our best lifetime license antivirus tools guide.
For more solutions to fix this problem or other questions, please visit the comments section below.