HP recently announced its new generation of HP ENVY mid-range Windows 10 laptops, bringing with it a new sleek design. The main element of its design is metal, offering a very fashionable and attractive look to these new devices. The improvements don’t stop at its design: these two new laptops offer top-tier performance and a spectacular viewing experience thanks to their edge-to-edge flush glass displays.
The first laptop has 15.6″ diagonal display while the second one offers a more generous 17.3″ display. If you need to carry your laptop to various places, the ENVY series of laptops is a good choice since both are a half a pound lighter than their predecessors. Smaller is better seems to be the motto at HP at the moment after the company launched the world’s thinnest laptop just the other day.
The HP Fast Charge feature lets customers charge the battery up to 90% in only one and half hours when powered off — again, a very useful feature for those users who are always on the go. The battery is slated to deliver up to 11 hours of life when fully charged, with both devices equipped with Intel Core i7 processors and Windows Hello support.
Below are the main differences between both ENVY laptops.
- UMA or Intel Iris graphics for the smaller laptop vs. NVIDIA GeForce 940MX graphics for the bigger one
- An optical disk drive is available only for the 17.3″ display laptop
- An optional HD IR camera for the 15.6″ diagonal display laptop vs. an optional Intel RealSense camera for the 17.3″ display laptop
- 4.4 pounds and 17.95 mm thin vs. 6.6 pounds with a 25.45 mm profile.
The 15.6″ laptop should be available on HP’s site on May 25 with a price tag of $779.99 and starting from June 12, you should also be able to buy it from retailers. The 17.3″ laptop should make it to HP’s site on June 1. However, the device should be available three days earlier on BestBuy.com on May 29. Of course, its price is higher, starting at $1,029.99.
- Buy it now on Amazon at a discount price
So, which laptop would you buy? Let us know in the comments section below!