Hulu is among the foremost video-streaming services that users can subscribe to. However, an Unsupported browser error message might appear for some users when they try to subscribe or login to Hulu with a browser. Consequently, users can’t watch Hulu video content in their browsers.
Hulu only supports Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Safari browsers. So, users trying to utilize Hulu with other browsers will need to switch to one of those browsers.
However, Hulu doesn’t support all Chrome, Firefox, and Safari versions. Thus, some users might also need to update Chrome, Fox, and Safari to ensure they can utilize Hulu with those browsers.
Why won’t Hulu play on my computer’s browser?
1. Update the Web Browser
- The best way to update those browsers is probably to reinstall them with the latest versions. To do that, press the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut.
- Enter ‘appwiz.cpl’ in Run and click OK to open the uninstaller.
- Then select a browser to uninstall.
- Click the Uninstall button, and select Yes to confirm.
- Remember to restart Windows before reinstalling the browser.
- Thereafter, download the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, or Safari from their respective websites.
- Open the setup wizard for the browser to install it.
2. Switch to the Edge Browser
Win 10 is the only Windows OS Hulu supports. As Edge is the default browser for that platform, it gets updated with Windows.
Thus, users probably won’t need to update Edge to ensure the browser’s compatibility with Hulu. So, try logging in to Hulu within the Edge browser.
- Click Settings on the menu to open the Settings tab.
- Press the Advanced button to expand Settings.
- Click Site settings to open further options.
- Toggle the Allowed option on.
- In addition, click Cookies in Site settings to open the setttings in the snapshot directly below.
- Then toggle the Allow sites to save and read cookie data option on.
4. Add the Hulu App to Windows 10
Remember that there’s also an app that users can watch Hulu content with. Unlike browsers, that app won’t have any compatibility issues with the streaming service.
Those are some of the potential resolutions for fixing the Hulu unsupported browser error. Updating or changing browsers will usually resolve that error for most users.
RELATED ARTICLES TO CHECK OUT: