- There are numerous means to increase laptop volume, including the use of a set of speakers.
- A sound-enhancing software may also do the trick so try our recommendation.
- You may also use a famous video player that offers this capability natively in its settings.
- There is also a browser extension that can boost the volume for online sounds.
Laptops don’t usually come with external speakers, which restricts their maximum volume a little. However, you don’t need to add new speakers to increase a laptop‘s audio beyond 100%.
Windows already has a few settings you can select to raise a laptop‘s or desktop’s audio a little beyond the default maximum.
Even more, there are also numerous third-party programs that can increase volume by up to 500%.
How can I increase laptop volume beyond maximum?
1. Add Boom 3D sound enhancer to Windows
This tool is a wonderful audio enhancer that will allow you to experiment with the sound on your Windows laptop or PC however you like.
Boom 3D has a wonderful equalizer with a number of well-built presets that you can use, or you can create your own preset from scratch.
Creating your own preset can boost your laptop volume over its basic 100%.
While many players or programs simply boost all the frequencies, Boom 3D lets you smoothly increase the volume without damaging your speakers or headphones.
The sound will be clean, and the frequencies will not interfere. Plus, you can add multiple sound effects that will help you raise your laptop volume over 100% without having a harsh sound.
Boost your sound and enhance your audio with Boom 3D equalizer software.
2. Select the Loudness Equalizer option in Windows
- Right-click the volume icon in the notification area and select Open sound settings.
- Select Sound Control Panel.
- Click on Speakers and select the Properties button.
- Select the Enhancement tab on the Speakers Properties window.
- Select the Loudness Equalizer checkbox on the Enhancement tab.
- Press the Apply and OK buttons to close the window.
First, check out the Loudness Equalizer option in Windows. Selecting that setting will raise the volume a little above its default maximum for PCs with Realtek audio drivers.
If the Windows 10 volume is too low, you can check out this guide to find out how to solve the problem.
Update: It seems like Microsoft has removed Loudness Equalizer from the audio settings. To find out more info on the subject, take a look at this article.
If you’re on the latest version of Windows 10 and can’t access Loudness Equalizer, go to the next solutions.
3. Adjust the volume bars on video pages
Video pages on YouTube and similar sites usually include a volume bar. You might find a YouTube video’s sound doesn’t match up to the selected audio level in Windows if its slider is further to the left of its volume bar.
You can adjust the audio level of a YouTube video by hovering the cursor over the speaker icon shown in the snapshot directly below.
4. Add VLC Media Player to Windows
- Press the Download VLC button on the VLC homepage to save the media player’s setup wizard to Windows.
- Open the VLC setup wizard to install the software.
- Then open the VLC window.
- Select Preferences on the Tools menu. Alternatively, press the Ctrl + P hotkey to open VLC’s Preferences window.
- Select the All radio button at the bottom left of the Interface Settings tab.
- Enter the keyword maximum volume in the search box.
- Click Qt to open further Qt interface settings.
- Input 300 in the Maximum volume displayed text box.
- Press the Save button to apply the new setting.
- Close and reopen the VLC media player to restart the software.
- Now VLC’s volume bar will be up at 300% instead of 125%.
The freeware VLC media player has a default volume level of 125% for video and music. As such, video and music playback in VLC is 25% higher than the maximum volume in Windows.
You can also raise the VLC volume to 300% by adjusting one of the software’s settings as described above.
If VLC is lagging on Windows 10, get it to run properly by following the steps from this helpful article.
5. Add the Volume Booster extension to Chrome
- Open this web page and press the green button there to add the extension to Chrome, and restart the browser.
- Then you can press the Volume Booster button on Chrome’s toolbar to boost the sound.
- Press the Turn off button to revert the browser back to the original volume.
- Soon you’ll be able to install Chrome extensions on Edge, too. If you want to know when and how it will work, find out by reading this article.
Google Chrome users can increase the audio with the Volume Booster extension. The extension’s developer claims Volume Booster raises the volume by up to four times the original level.
6. Other means of boosting up the volume of your laptop
Use a set of speakers
Using a pair of speakers will increase the sound with over 100 decibels so if your goal is to hear your music or movies louder, this is the perfect way to go.
And if you’re wondering what speakers to get, we have an excellent list with the best smart speakers that can even be controlled by voice.
Use an amplifier
If you’re not comfortable about making noise with some speakers, you can enhance the volume but keep the sound with yourself with one of the best amplifiers for headphones.
There are relatively small devices that connect to the laptop’s headphones jack and boost the output levels for your earphones. Some of them even improve the sound a lot.
So, you can raise the volume in Windows somewhat more than 100% with the Loudness Equalizer option, VLC media player, Volume Booster, and Sound Booster.
You can also rev up the volume by installing third-party equalizers such as Equalizer APO.
One case or another, keep in mind that the previously mentioned solutions cover all these topics you may be interested in:
- Volume booster for Windows 10 – Conveniently increasing the volume on your Windows 10 is no longer a dream. You can easily achieve that when enjoying the Boom 3D sound enhancer.
- How to increase the sound on a laptop? – To increase laptop sound for all movies and audiobooks, just use the tips detailed above.
- Boost volume in Windows 10 – When you want to raise the volume in Windows 10, don’t be afraid to adjust the volume bars or add the VLC Media Player.
- Sound Booster for laptop – To amplify your maximum laptop volume, a top pick will always remain with the Letasoft Sound Booster software.
If you have any other suggestions or advice, let us read them in a comment accessible in the section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the program will certainly raise the volume beyond 100%. For more tips to amplify laptop volume, check out this dedicated guide.
Yes, there is. Boom 3D is a confirmed audio enhancement software solution you may install on your laptop.
Using the best audio equalizer software is recommended for incredible bass boosts and precise tone adjustments.