- Adobe’s CC desktop app allows users to manage over 20+ apps and assets with ease.
- Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application is required to install Adobe XD and other creative software.
- To install the Adobe XD app without installing the Creative Cloud desktop app, you need to contact Adobe support.
- Alternatively, you can simply disable Adobe CC desktop from startup to fix system related issues caused by the app.
Adobe XD is a popular UI/UX design app that can be used to create wireframe, animation, prototype, and even collaborate with other creators. Similar to other Adobe software, Adobe XD is also part of the company’s Creative Cloud.
Adobe Creative Creative cloud service offers a collection of 20+ apps for photography, design, video, UX and more. Adobe requires the users to install the Creative Cloud desktop app to be able to install XD and other apps.
CC desktop client is also responsible for managing Adobe subscription, keeping the apps upto date, cloud synchronization and more. While the app is a useful utility, some users may prefer to install Adobe XD without Creative Cloud.
Unfortunately, Adobe does not offer a standalone Adobe XD installer for the latest version. So, is there a workaround to install Adobe XD without Creative Cloud? Well, let us find out.
How to install Adobe XD without Creative Cloud?
Contact Adobe for a direct download link
- Make sure you have an active Adobe XD subscription.
- Go to Adobe Help page and click the Chat icon in the bottom right corner.
- Sign in to your Adobe account with valid credentials.
- Once logged in, ask the Adobe agent to provide you with a direct download link for Adobe XD installer. You can use the below template if required:
Hello, I need the direct download links (offline installers) for the new 2021 releases of Adobe XD Could you please help me?
- Use the temporary download link provided by the agent to download Adobe XD installer.
- Extract the Zip file and click on the setup.exe file to install the Adobe XD without Creative Cloud.
If the Adobe agent refuses to provide a direct download link, simply exit the chat and try to connect with another agent.
Although rare, at times you may have to try your luck a few times before getting the direct download link.
Adobe XDYou don’t need Creative Cloud to install Adobe XD, but you still need a subscription to install it regardless.
Disable Adobe Creative Cloud from startup
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type Task Manager.
- Open the Task Manager app and click the Startup tab.
- In the Startup tab, select Adobe Creative Cloud app and click the Disable button.
- Once disabled, close Task Manager. Also, exit the Creative Cloud app by expanding the System Tray icon.
As discussed earlier, the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop does more than just manage Adobe creative software. It can keep all the 20+ Adobe up to date, manage cloud synchronization, and offer access to additional Adobe assets.
However, at times the app can cause high system resources usage due to various active background processes. This can impact system performance and make your system slow.
To fix the problem, you can disable the Creative Cloud app from running in the background. If it does not work, check out additional steps to stop the Creative Cloud from running at start.
Uninstall Creative Cloud desktop application
- Download the latest Creative Cloud desktop app uninstaller.
- Once downloaded, extract the Zip file and then run the uninstaller.
- Click the Uninstall button when the pop-up window appears.
- Click OK once the app is uninstalled.
Before installing the Adobe XD app using the offline installer, make sure you have uninstalled the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app.
To completely remove the Adobe Creative Cloud, use a dedicated Uninstaller listed in the steps above. Make sure to reboot the computer after uninstallation to apply the changes.
While Adobe requires the users to install the Creative Cloud desktop application to install its software like Adobe XD, at times, installing the app is not feasible.
Fortunately, Adobe does provide an offline installer for individual Creative Cloud apps with temporary download links to install the apps without the CC desktop app.