How to Install Windows 10 Without a Microsoft account
Can you install Windows 10 without a Microsoft account? The short answer is yes but you need to follow a series of specific steps to do this. We’ll list them below.
Perhaps you want to try the Windows 10 operating system for yourself but you do not want or do not need a Microsoft account to sign in with. You will be glad to learn that you don’t really need a Microsoft account to install your Windows 10 operating system. Read the guide below to learn exactly what you need to do in order to install Windows 10 without a Microsoft account.
Although Microsoft will not make this as easy as it should be, you can avoid signing into a Microsoft account and still install Windows 10 on your device. Unfortunately for some users, the options you need to choose in order to install Windows 10 without a Microsoft account are not that easy to spot but you will be able to do it if you follow the instructions below.
Steps to install Windows 10 without a Microsoft account
- Place in your device the Windows 10 boot CD/DVD or external drive.
- Follow the instructions on the screen until you reach the “Sign in to your Microsoft account” page.
- In the “Sign in to your Microsoft account” page, you will see in the lower side of the screen a feature that says “Create a new account”.
- Left click or tap on the “Create a new account” feature.
- In the “Create a new account” screen left click or tap on the “Sign in without a Microsoft account” but keep in mind that this option has almost the same purple contrast as the “Create a new account” window so it is a bit harder to spot.
Note: the “Sign in without a Microsoft account” link is situated beneath the “Country/Region” box.
- From here you can go and install your Windows 10 operating system without a Microsoft account and use it as you please.
You can also install Windows 10 without using a Microsoft account by replacing your administrator account with a local account. First, sign in using your admin account, then go to Settings > Accounts > Your Info. Click on the option ‘Manage my Microsoft account’ and then select ‘Sign in with a local account instead’.
As you can see, the steps to follow are not that hard. We hope that you successfully managed to install Windows 10 without a Microsoft account. If you have any questions, you can use the comments section below and we will help you further with this particular subject.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- FIX: Stuck at making sure you’re ready to install Windows 10
- You can now install Windows 10 v1803 on your Surface Studio
- How to download and install Windows 10 April Update
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in November 2014 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.
Microsoft released a new Windows 10 cumulative update: KB4487181. The big M added three bug fixes aimed at solving frequent issues reported by Insiders. Notably, […]
Cyber criminals are using a new form of ransomware for targeting large businesses and getting money from them. Since August, the Ryuk group ended up […]
Since it was created by Apple, iTunes has changed the way users can organize and play music and videos. iTunes has allowed millions of users […]