How to Use Windows 8, 8.1 without a Live Microsoft Account
Installing Windows 8, or updating your machine to Windows 8, or Windows 8.1 OS is not hard as you only have to complete the default installation wizard and to follow the on-screen prompts which will easily guide you through the flashing process.
Anyway, as you all know, once Windows 8 was introduced, Microsoft also released Windows Store, which implies in using a Live Microsoft account in order to access and download your favorite apps and programs and also for letting Microsoft obtain data about your activity in order to improve your Windows experience. This is similar with what we have on Android or on iOS where when you first start using a new Android or iOS powered device you have to sign in with your account in order to access Google Play or Apps Store.
Thus, when installing Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 you will be prompted with the following message “Sign in to your Microsoft Account”. But, what should you do if you don’t want to use your personal Live Microsoft account when installing a new OS? Let’s say that you just want to perform a clean install for a friend, at work or in any other circumstance where using your Microsoft account isn’t recommended. Well, in that case you should learn how to apply Windows 8, 8.1 without a Live Microsoft account.
In that matter you should take a look over the guidelines from below where I have detailed you some easy to apply methods in order to skip the Live Microsoft Account installation procedure.
Set up Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 without using a Live Microsoft Account
In order to skip the Microsoft authentication you need to create a local account. How to do that? Well, you should use the steps from below:
- By following the installation wizard, at some point you will be prompted with the Microsoft authentication sequence.
- At that point, from the main window choose “Create a new account” (located at the bottom left side of the same window).
- You will be taken to the registration page from where you need to choose “sign in without a Microsoft account” (also located at the bottom left side of the window).
- Up next create your local account by following the on screen prompts.
- Do note that there might be added some restrictions as you will not have full access to Windows Store and to other in built features while using a local account (you can switch to your Live Microsoft account afterwards though).
Another thing you might do in order to skip the registration sequence will be to temporarily disable (during the installation or update process) your internet connection; of course you will be then prompted to sign is with your Microsoft account as soon as the internet connection is being established, but still this is a trick that you might use.
So, that’s how you can create a local account when installing Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 for being able to apply the OS without using the Live Microsoft Account. If you have something to share with us, don’t hesitate and use the comments field from below in that matter.
When it comes to organizing and visualizing data, Power BI is a great tool. However, there are situations in which certain information must remain hidden. […]
A wide number of users have reported the error message saying We couldn’t save your tab settings inside Microsoft Teams. The error is usually caused […]
There are many Gujarati speaking people who may look for a way to type in Gujarati on their systems. While Windows offers support for multiple […]