- Using Windows 10 without a Microsoft account is simpler than you think, and in this guide, we’re going to show you how to it.
- Windows 10 has an option to use your Microsoft account to sign in, but you don’t have to use this feature if you don’t want to.
- Instead of a Microsoft account, simply create a local account and use it without restrictions.
- Keep in mind that if you install Windows 10 without a Microsoft account your data won’t be synced which can be a problem for some users.
Installing Windows 10 is not hard as you only have to complete the default installation wizard and to follow the on-screen prompts which will easily guide you through the flashing process.
After Windows 8 was introduced, Microsoft also released Windows Store, which implies in using a Live Microsoft account in order to access and download apps.
This is similar with what we have on Android or on iOS where when you first start using a new Android or iOS powered device you have to sign in with your account in order to access Google Play or Apps Store.
Thus, when installing Windows 10 you will be prompted with the following message “Sign in to your Microsoft Account”.
But, what should you do if you don’t want to use your personal Live Microsoft account when installing a new OS?
Let’s say that you just want to perform a clean install for a friend, at work or in any other circumstance where using your Microsoft account isn’t recommended.
In that matter you should take a look over the guidelines below in which we’ll explain how to install windows 10 without Microsoft account.
How can I set up Windows 10 without using a Live Microsoft Account
Create a local user account
- By following the installation wizard, at some point you will be prompted with the Microsoft authentication sequence.
- At that point, from the main window choose Create a new account (located at the bottom left side of the same window).
- You will be taken to the registration page from where you need to choose sign in without a Microsoft account (also located at the bottom left side of the window).
- Up next create your local account by following the on screen prompts.
- Do note that there might be added some restrictions as you will not have full access to Windows Store and to other in built features while using a local account (you can switch to your Live Microsoft account afterwards though).
Another thing you might do in order to skip the registration sequence will be to temporarily disable (during the installation or update process) your Internet connection.
Of course you will be then prompted to sign is with your Microsoft account as soon as the internet connection is being established, but still this is a trick that you might use.
So, that’s how you can create a local account when installing Windows 10 for being able to apply the OS without using the Live Microsoft Account.
On the other hand, if you want to set up windows 10 with Microsoft account, be sure to enter your Microsoft account credentials during the setup.
If you have something to share with us, don’t hesitate and use the comments field from below in that matter.