Do you own a mac PC and you want to change your operating system to a Windows 8 operating system? Well whatever the reasons are for changing the operating system you will be glad to find out that you can easily do it by following carefully the steps posted below and change the operating system to a brand new Windows 8 in only two hours.
Installing Windows 8 on a mac PC requires you to also have a minimum 20 GB free space on a new partition and also a Windows 8 OEM copy which you can buy from a specialized PC store. Also you will need to keep in mind the minimum hardware requirements necessary to run Windows 8. So before you start this process have a look at the Windows 8 hardware specs and compare them with your mac PC.
Tutorial for installation of Windows 8 on a mac PC
- You will need to have an external optical drive in order to make the installations easier on the mac PC.
- If you don’t have an external optical drive you can use an USB drive with at least 4 GB of free space on it
Note: be sure the USB drive is completely empty.
- Download the program from the link below on the computer you have an optical drive with a Windows 8 disk on.
Download here ImgBurn app for Windows 8
- After you insert the Windows 8 disk do not run the installer.
- Run the ImgBurn program and select the feature to “Create Image from disk”.
- After you chose the “Create Image from disk” feature you will need to select the optical drive you have your Windows 8 disk in.
- Select a destination in the PC where you want to install the .ISO image file.
- Left click on the button presented in the lower side of the window to proceed with the imaging process.
- After the .ISO file is finished you will need to copy it to the USB drive with a minimum free space of 4 GB.
Note: you can copy the image file with the help of the “Windows 7 USB/DVD tool” by downloading it from Microsoft’s website.
- Now that you have the bootable USB drive with the copy of Windows on it we can proceed with the steps posted below.
- Open Launchpad and then go to “Other” folder in order to open “Boot Camp” feature on the mac PC.
- You will have a “Boot Camp assistant” window that pops up and you will need to select the “Continue” button to proceed.
- From the next window that appears you need to uncheck the box next to “Create a Windows 7 or later version install disk”.
- Select the “Continue” button again.
- Next you will have to choose where to place the support software files , you can place them on a USB drive but make sure it is not the one containing the .ISO file.
- Be sure to have a network connection on the mac PC.
- Select the “Continue” button again.
- After the support drivers are installed (this can take up to half an hour) you will get from “Boot Camp assistant” a window to create a partition for Windows 8, Boot camp assistant will create a default partition of 20 GB which you can use.
- After the mac PC made the partition insert the USB bootable device with Windows 8 and reboot the PC.
- After the PC starts up it will automatically boot from your Windows 8 USB device .
- In the Windows 8 installation process you will get to a window where you will need to select the partition on which to install the operating system.
- You will need to select the “BOOTCAMP” partition and also be sure to format that partition to be a NTFS drive.
- Now after the Windows 8 installation finishes you will need to reboot the system once more and place t he USB drive with the Windows support drivers you have saved a couple of steps above.
- To install the Windows support drivers open the “setup.exe” file present in the “WindowsSupport” folder.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to finish the support drivers installation.
- Reboot again the mac PC and while it boots up you will need to hold down the “Option” button to enter the “boot manager” feature.
- From there you will need to select the Windows 8 operating system.
Note: You might have some issues with the features present in Windows 8 because mac PCs don’t yet support the Windows 8 operating systems but nevertheless you can still install it and check the features for yourself.
With all these being said you should be able to run your Windows 8 operating system on your mac PC without any issues if you followed the steps above carefully. Also if you have any more questions on how to install Windows 8 write us below in the comments sections of the page and we will respond as soon as possible.