Intel continuously strives to improve its products’ quality and to better serve users. Owners of systems running the Windows 10 April 2018 Update received good news from Intel. The company released an updated graphics driver which improves quality and the power saving feature.
The graphics driver brings the improvements mentioned above while EDR content is displayed. It also provides optimized brightness in HDR mode for the Intel 7-Gen CPUs and higher versions. Intel’s update also supports the new task manager in Windows 10 which shows power status and the graphics card’s frequency.
You can read Intel’s official notes and you can download the latest driver version as well to give it a go.
Intel driver update
Here’s what you’ll get with the latest update, according to Intel’s notes:
- Intel® Graphics Driver
- Intel® Display Audio Driver (10.25.00.5)
- Intel® Media SDK Runtime
- Intel® OpenCL* Driver
- Intel® Graphics Control Panel
- Vulkan* Runtime Installer (184.108.40.206)
Key issues fixed
The driver also managed to fix a few problems:
- It resolved the graphics anomalies that were observed in a few games.
- The error code: 0107 issued by the PowerDVD which used to stop the media playback while resuming back from sleep was also fixed.
- The intermittent alters that were triggered on some systems by a file from the Intel Graphics driver installation process was fixed as well.
- The update also fixed the corruption that was seen in some systems while desktop sharing or using remote app.
Intel’s official notes on the update also present the known issues included in it:
- There may be observed some graphics anomalies in Titanfall 2 only in the 6th Gen Intel Core and in the Extreme Tux Racer and other games.
- There are some intermittent crashes or hangs that may occur in some games including Tom Clancy’s The Division.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 April Update frezees Lenovo ThinkPad
- Fix: Windows 10 April Update install fails on Alienware laptops
- Microsoft acknowledges Windows 10 April Update freezes PCs