Most users won’t usually forget to protect their laptops and computers from all kinds of viruses that are able to wipe out or to severely infect their programs or their work and compromise their whole system’s security.
But we don’t have to forget also to protect our IoT gadgets and gizmos and provide them with the same enhanced security. There are a lot of antivirus and antimalware tools out there and to make your choice much easier we picked the best five of them that are able to provide your gadgets increased antivirus protection.
Top 5 IoT antivirus and antimalware
1. BitDefender Box 2 (recommended)
BitDefender is a personal and enterprise antivirus and security solutions provider, and it has recently released a product called the BitDefender Box 2. This is an Internet security solution that incorporates hardware, software, and cloud as well. It is designed to protect all your smart home connected devices.
Take a look at the essential features that are included in BitDefender Box:
- The BitDefender Box is created for personal use.
- It secures smartphones and smart TVs and all other home appliances and gadgets that are connected to the Internet.
- The device provides vulnerability assessment and URL Blacklisting.
- This device allows the user access and controls the home network remotely via a smartphone.
- BitDefender Box provides cybersecurity for all your Internet-connected devices from your home and on the go as well.
- A single mobile app will provide management for all your devices on your Home Network.
- The parental controls are ideal for monitoring your kids’ online activity and manage the screen time.
- BitDefender Box is 100% compatible with your Home network, and it provides maximum Internet speeds.
When you’re purchasing the BitDefender Box 2, you will also get a 1-year subscription to Bitdefender Total Security 2018. You can control everything from your computer dashboard or the effortless to use the mobile app.
Check out more details on BitDefender Box 2 and get it from the official website.
- Buy now Bitdefender Box 2 from the official webpage
2. Symantec (suggested)
Symantec claims that the company is already providing security to more than a billion IoT devices and it states that in the connected era that we’re living in, it’s not all just about getting an external solution. Symantec also says that it is essential that the security is built-in during the manufacturing process.
Check out the most impressive features of Symantec below:
- With Symantec Embedded Security, the Critical System Protection will protect embedded OSs such as Linux, QNX, and Windows Embedded OSs.
- From smart TVs to critical infrastructure, Symantec will securely protect and manage devices and communications.
- Using Symantec, you can build security into your IoT systems and products so that these will be secure from design.
- The technology is easily embedded into any device with or without operating systems.
- The Elliptic Curve Cryptography is used for extremely constrained devices.
- Symantec’s core security technology is a solution that provides the best security against software attacks on ATMs.
- Symantec delivers analytics to detect stealthy, sophisticated advanced threats to IoT systems.
Starting with a core technology that has protected vital financial servers for years, Symantec extended its technology to also protect automotive, Industrial Control Systems, manufacturing equipment, ATM, Point of Sale, and even medical devices.
You can check out the white paper and the infographic along with more detailed information about how to achieve the best security on Symantec’s official website.
3. F-Secure SENSE IoT antivirus
F-Secure SENSE allows you to protect and secure all your IoT devices with a single protection interface that will turn out to be really easy to use. F-Secure SENSE is a combination of a security router, an advanced security application, and industry-leading cloud protection.
SENSE has to be connected to an existing Wi-Fi router to provide security to a home network.
Check out the most important features that are packed in the F-Secure SENSE software:
- F-Secure SENSE protects everything that is connected to your home from your computers and phones to smart TVs, baby monitors, and more devices.
- It provides extended protection against IoT threats.
- The traffic is protected by the SENSE’s continuously updated cloud.
- Your personal data will be kept safe and private.
- All incoming traffic will be analyzed, and the potential threats will be immediately blocked.
- Blockings are made based on the user’s normal behavior.
When you purchase the software, you will get the SENSE router, a 30-day money-back guarantee, one year of the SENSE app subscription and also free shipping. There are 512MB of RAM included, and a 1GHz dual-core processor with SENSE.
You can purchase F-Secure SENSE from the official website.
Editor’s Note: This article continues on the next page. If you are interested in other antivirus software, check out our wide collection of options.