5 best IoT antivirus and antimalware solutions
Most users won’t usually forget to protect their laptops and computers from all kinds of viruses that are able to wipe out or to severely infect their programs or their work and compromise their whole system’s security.
But we don’t have to forget also to protect our IoT gadgets and gizmos and provide them with the same enhanced security. There are a lot of antivirus and antimalware tools out there and to make your choice much easier we picked the best five of them that are able to provide your gadgets increased antivirus protection.
Top 5 IoT antivirus and antimalware
- Bitdefender Box
- F-Secure SENSE
- Comodo Cloud Antivirus
1. BitDefender Box 2 (recommended)
BitDefender is a personal and enterprise antivirus and security solutions provider, and it has recently released a product called the BitDefender Box 2. This is an Internet security solution that incorporates hardware, software, and cloud as well. It is designed to protect all your smart home connected devices.
Take a look at the essential features that are included in BitDefender Box:
- The BitDefender Box is created for personal use.
- It secures smartphones and smart TVs and all other home appliances and gadgets that are connected to the Internet.
- The device provides vulnerability assessment and URL Blacklisting.
- This device allows the user access and controls the home network remotely via a smartphone.
- BitDefender Box provides cybersecurity for all your Internet-connected devices from your home and on the go as well.
- A single mobile app will provide management for all your devices on your Home Network.
- The parental controls are ideal for monitoring your kids’ online activity and manage the screen time.
- BitDefender Box is 100% compatible with your Home network, and it provides maximum Internet speeds.
When you’re purchasing the BitDefender Box 2, you will also get a 1-year subscription to Bitdefender Total Security 2018. You can control everything from your computer dashboard or the effortless to use the mobile app.
Check out more details on BitDefender Box 2 and get it from the official website.
- Buy now Bitdefender Box 2 from the official webpage
2. Symantec (suggested)
Symantec claims that the company is already providing security to more than a billion IoT devices and it states that in the connected era that we’re living in, it’s not all just about getting an external solution. Symantec also says that it is essential that the security is built-in during the manufacturing process.
Check out the most impressive features of Symantec below:
- With Symantec Embedded Security, the Critical System Protection will protect embedded OSs such as Linux, QNX, and Windows Embedded OSs.
- From smart TVs to critical infrastructure, Symantec will securely protect and manage devices and communications.
- Using Symantec, you can build security into your IoT systems and products so that these will be secure from design.
- The technology is easily embedded into any device with or without operating systems.
- The Elliptic Curve Cryptography is used for extremely constrained devices.
- Symantec’s core security technology is a solution that provides the best security against software attacks on ATMs.
- Symantec delivers analytics to detect stealthy, sophisticated advanced threats to IoT systems.
Starting with a core technology that has protected vital financial servers for years, Symantec extended its technology to also protect automotive, Industrial Control Systems, manufacturing equipment, ATM, Point of Sale, and even medical devices.
You can check out the white paper and the infographic along with more detailed information about how to achieve the best security on Symantec’s official website.
3. F-Secure SENSE IoT antivirus
F-Secure SENSE allows you to protect and secure all your IoT devices with a single protection interface that will turn out to be really easy to use. F-Secure SENSE is a combination of a security router, an advanced security application, and industry-leading cloud protection.
SENSE has to be connected to an existing Wi-Fi router to provide security to a home network.
Check out the most important features that are packed in the F-Secure SENSE software:
- F-Secure SENSE protects everything that is connected to your home from your computers and phones to smart TVs, baby monitors, and more devices.
- It provides extended protection against IoT threats.
- The traffic is protected by the SENSE’s continuously updated cloud.
- Your personal data will be kept safe and private.
- All incoming traffic will be analyzed, and the potential threats will be immediately blocked.
- Blockings are made based on the user’s normal behavior.
When you purchase the software, you will get the SENSE router, a 30-day money-back guarantee, one year of the SENSE app subscription and also free shipping. There are 512MB of RAM included, and a 1GHz dual-core processor with SENSE.
You can purchase F-Secure SENSE from the official website.
4. Comodo Cloud Antivirus
Comodo Cloud Antivirus provides total protection from malware. According to Comodo, there are already a lot of security vendors who are investing in cloud antivirus and who are already exploiting the cloud in order to secure the IoT platform as firmly as possible. When you use a cloud antivirus, it will sift dubious traffic for further investigation and learn from it.
Take a look at the most impressive features that are packed in Comodo Cloud Antivirus:
- By obtaining unique information from your connected smart devices, the cloud server will be able to analyze usage patterns to eliminate suspicious traffic.
- Comodo Cloud provides the user with real-time monitoring, sandboxing of unknown files.
- The software is free to download and use, and this is probably the best of its advantages.
- You will be able to enjoy a proactive detection of new threats through Viruscope.
Comodo Cloud Antivirus will be able to normalize and sanitize bad traffic, and you can check out more information about the service and download it from the official website of Comodo Cloud Antivirus.
Gemalto states that it’s already working with enterprises, consumer OEM, enterprise OEM, mobile network operators and cloud service providers. Gemalto has a holistic view on the different building blocks such as software, hardware and also data for building a secure IoT ecosystem. Gemalto ensures that information is protected at rest and in motion.
Check out the essential features of this software below:
- It can armory protect devices from design and manufacture through the entire lifecycle.
- It is able to guard data against malware and cyber-attacks.
- By providing security at the device end, security for the cloud and security lifecycle management, the company helps customers securely connect assets from edge to enterprise.
- Gemalto uses Cinterion M2M modules, MIMs, and the SensorLogic platform.
- Gemalto addresses miniaturization needs for OEMs, and it enables out-of-the-box connectivity for IoT devices.
- It also provides impressive solutions to manage the network’s quality of service.
- Gemalto helps its customers to secure their devices, the cloud and to manage the lifecycle of security for the entire lifespan of the devices.
It also provides security for automotive, wearables, and health devices in the consumer IoT sphere. Gemalto plans to increase customer intimacy while improving operational excellence and also generating new revenue streams via a business model innovation.
Check out Gemalto on its official website.
There are the best five solutions that provide enhanced cybersecurity for your IoT devices. Check out more details on their features by heading to their official websites and decide which one best suits your needs.
All these solutions will help you protect your IoT better than ever before; you just have to pick your favorite and enjoy its features for enhanced security.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Cheap IoT boards to buy under $50
- 6 best IoT simulators for PC
- Microsoft IoT solutions detailed in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]
Microsoft released a new Windows 7 update to the general public. Update KB4457139 is actually a preview of the upcoming monthly rollup update and allows users […]