Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
- The iPhone photo not showing up PC issue can occur due to configuration or permission issues.
- In this article, we show you how to fix this issue and help you to move Photos from iPhone to PC.
- Do check out our dedicated Windows 10 section for more easy-to-follow PC articles.
- Don't forget to bookmark our extensive Software Hub for easy access to useful information at all times.
If you are running out of storage on your PC is as easy as connecting and moving the . However, at times photos may stop showing up on PC., you can move it to your computer. Moving to your Mac or Windows 10
Your PC or Mac may stop detecting the due to several reasons. It can happen due to authorization issues as well as bad connections.
If you are also troubled by this error, here are a couple of troubleshooting steps to help you resolve the PC problem for good.photo folder not showing on the
How can I fix the iPhone photos not showing up on Windows and Mac?
1. Perform these common troubleshooting steps
- Restart your Windows PC/Mac. Also, restart your . A quick restart can fix temporary issues with the device.
- When connecting, make sure the is not locked. Unlock your device and try connecting again.
- If the issue persists, try connecting to a different USB port on your PC.
Enable Windows AutoPlay
- Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
- Click on Devices.
- Click on AutoPlay.
- Under AutoPlay, toggle the switch for ‘Use AutoPlay for all media devices’ to turn it on.
- Close the Settings window.
- Reconnect your and check for any improvements.
If it is already enabled, toggle the switch to turn it off. Then, toggle the switch again to turn it on. Once done, reconnect the device to see if the PC.photos are showing up on your
You can also set AutoPlay defaults for a removable drive, memory card, and yourunder Choose AutoPlay defaults.
2. Authorize your computer in iTunes
- Launch iTunes.
- Go to Menu.
- Click on Account.
- Select Authorization.
- Select Authorize this computer.
- Enter a username and password.
- Open File Explorer.
- Next, open the DCIM folder and check if the are showing up.
- If not, disconnect the device and reconnect it to see if that helps you resolve the issue.
iTunes’s authorization feature can prevent your PC from reading from the . Try authorizing your computer to see the on your PC.
3. Check your iCloud settings
- On your , tap on Settings.
- Go to Photos & Camera.
- Tap on Optimize Storage.
- Check if Optimize Storage is enabled.
When the OptimizeStorage option is enabled, the will automatically upload your full-resolution to iCloud to save space on your storage.
That said, simply turning off Optimize PC.Storage doesn’t bring back the missing . Since the are uploaded to your iCloud account, you need to re-download them using iTunes to your
- Go to iCloud.com.
- Log in with your iCloud username and password.
- Click on .
- You should see all the from your last backup.
- Select all the that you want and click on Download.
- If you are using the Firefox browser, make sure to use the ‘Save setting for all of this kind’ option to avoid getting a download notification for each .
4. Use Xilisoft iPhone Photo Transfer
- Download and install Xilisoft iPhone Photo Transfer.
- Launch the Xilisoft Transfer app.
- Connect your PC using the USB cable. to your
- Wait till your is detected.
- From the left pane, expand your .
- Click on .
- You should see all the from your in the file explorer of the photo transfer app.
Xilisoft PC to and vice versa.Photo Transfer is a transfer tool for iOS devices. Using the tool, you can copy and move your from your
It also comes with some additional features that allowsharing, file management, and support for multiple devices.
If you want to save all yourin your , disable the Optimize Storage feature in the settings.
The PC issue usually occur due to authorization issues on iTunes. However, at times it can also happen due to incorrect iCloud configuration. Follow the steps in the article one by one to resolve the issue.not showing on