- iTunes is a great application, but even great applications can suffer from errors.
- In today’s article, we’re going to show you how to fix iTunes error -50 and -54.
- We covered iTunes extensively in the past, so be sure to check our iTunes section for more helpful guides.
- If you a Mac user and you’re looking for more Mac guides, head over to our Mac Hub for more articles.
If you own an iOS device, iTunes is a must-have software. However, some users reported error -50 and -54 while using iTunes.
These errors will prevent you from syncing your files, and in today’s article, we’re going to show you how to fix these problems once and for all.
How can I fix iTunes error -50, -54?
1. Restart iTunes
- Make sure that the iOS device is connected to the computer.
- Close iTunes.
- Connect the device again and try to sync your files.
Several users reported that restarting iTunes has fixed error -54 in iTunes, so be sure to try that.
2. Change your permission settings
- Go to Applications > Utilities and start the Script Editor.
- Now run the following commands:
- tell application “Finder”
- set locked of every item of entire contents of folder “Music:iTunes” of home to false
- end tell
You can also use Terminal to fix iTunes error -54:
- Open Terminal.
- Use one of the following commands:
- sudo chown your-username your-filename – if you don’t own the file or folder
- sudo chgrp staff your-filename – if it isn’t set to the same group like other iTunes items
- chmod 666 your-filename and/or chmod 777 your-folder-name – to give everyone editing permissions
Users are also suggesting to disable FileVault if you’re using it, so be sure to try that as well.
3. Update iTunes
Several users reported that they fixed iTunes error -50 by updating iTunes, so be sure to try that.
4. Authorize your computer
- Open iTunes and make sure that you’re signed in with your Apple ID.
- Select Account > Authorizations > Authorize This Computer.
After doing that, iTunes error -50 should be resolved.
5. Consolidate your iTunes library
- Open iTunes.
- Navigate to File > Library > Organize Library.
- Select Consolidate files.
- Now click on OK.
6. Check your files
- Make sure that third-party antivirus isn’t interfering with iTunes.
- Try syncing a couple of files at a time.
- Delete and re-download content or delete and re-import the content.
- Do not try to sync PDF files.
These are Apple’s official guidelines for fixing error -54 in iTunes, so be sure to try them.
iTunes error -50 and -54 can cause a lot of problems when syncing content, but we hope that you managed to fix this issue using our solutions.