Windows 10 cumulative update KB4015219 is now available for download
Microsoft released a new cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1511 on Patch Tuesday. Update KB4015219 includes only quality improvements, bringing eight bug fixes. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update.
Cumulative update KB4015219 replaces the previously released update KB4016636. If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes contained in this package will be installed on your computer.
Windows 10 update KB4015219
Here are the bug fixes brought by the latest Windows 10 v1511 update:
- Addressed issue that was preventing the Camera application from saving a captured image when “Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar” settings is enabled.
- Addressed an issue where CredentialGuard-enabled computers joined to Active Directory domains submit two bad logon attempts each time a bad password is provided during a Kerberos-based logon. Logons to Active Directory domains with arbitrarily low account lockout thresholds may be subject to unexpected account lockouts. For example, 2 logons with a bad password could result in an account being locked out if the account lockout threshold is set to 3 or 4.
- Addressed issue that might sometimes lead to updates not getting installed on machines due to file corruption.
- Addressed issue with devices using certificate-based WLAN authentication to not automatically renew their certificates when the devices are in sleep mode.
- Addressed issue that prevents users from accessing data stored in remote encrypted shares even when offline caching is not enabled.
- Addressed issue where a memory leak occurs in Internet Explorer when hosting pages containing nested framesets that load cross domain content.
- Addressed additional issues with updated time zone information and updates to the Access Point Name database and Internet Explorer.
- Security updates to Scripting Engine, libjpeg image-processing library, Hyper-V, Win32k, Adobe Type Manager Font Driver, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Graphics component, .NET Framework, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol, Windows Kernel mode drivers and Windows OLE.
You can download and install KB4015219 through Windows Update or from Microsoft’s Update Catalog website.
If you’ve encountered any issues after installing cumulative update KB4015219, tell us more about your experience in the comment section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update reverts to v1511 by itself for some
- Microsoft releases update KB4013198 for Windows 10 version 1511
According to some Reddit users, Windows 10 v1903 caused problems for .ogg extension files. In other words, they can’t play .ogg files on their computers […]
Many users complained on Reddit that Windows 10 v1903 update often gets stuck. One user says that is getting the What Needs Your Attention message. […]
Reddit users reported that the new Windows 10 v1903 is causing a spike in the disk usage when switching between Firefox tabs. I don’t know […]