Only a few hours remain until the Windows 10 Creators Fall Update is made available to the general public. To prepare, Microsoft has spent time adding builds to the update before it’s officially released.
Update KB4043961, is the most recent OS build and mainly comes with bug fixes.
Since the release date for the Fall Creators update is so near, this build mainly includes fixes to known issues. Outside of that, there are a few improvements and no added features.
Here is a list of the what the new build has to offer:
- Security updates. Perhaps the most important part of this update is the numerous security updates being added to numerous applications. Windows Server, Microsoft JET Database Engine, Windows Kernel mode drivers, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Kernel, Windows TPM, Windows Search Component, Windows NTLM, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Device Guard, Windows Wireless Networking, Windows DNS, and Windows SMB server have all received security updates.
- JET database. The problem where error output localization was only reporting error strings in English has been fixed.
- App removal. The error where applications reinstalled themselves after a login, logoff, or a restart has been resolved.
Of course, this build is only available for Windows Insiders in the Release Preview Ring and in the Rings before it.
Fortunately, Windows 10 16299.19 build, aka update KB4043961 will be made available to the general public a while after the official launch of the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
- Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Bloatware Free Edition available to install
- Windows 10 Fall Creators SDK leak comes with new Fluent Design APIs
- Windows 10 Fall Creators Update RTM Build comes to Slow Ring Insiders