KB4467699 fixes high memory usage and system crashes
In this second article for recently released updates, we have Windows 10 cumulative update KB4467699. Please note that this update applies to Windows 10 version 1703. There are two other update articles today. Check that you are reading the correct article.
Windows 10 KB4467699 (OS Build 15063.1478)
Improvements and fixes
This update includes quality improvements. It has no new operating system features included.
- Addresses an issue that causes navigation across eras to stop working in the Japanese Calendar view.
- Addresses an issue related to the date format for the Japanese era calendar.
- Addresses an issue that causes the GetCalendarInfo function to return an incorrect era name on the first day of the Japanese era.
- Addresses an issue that prevents the deletion of word spellings from the Microsoft Office dictionary using settings.
- Addresses time zone changes for Russian daylight standard time.
- Addresses an issue that may cause excessive memory usage when using smart cards.
- Addresses an issue that causes the system to stop working with the error code, “0x120_fvevol!FveEowFinalSweepConvertSpecialRangesChunk”.
- Addresses an issue that blocks ActiveX controls in Internet Explorer on 64-bit systems. This occurs when using Windows Defender Application Control and creating a policy that allows all ActiveX controls to run in Internet Explorer.
Any previous updates included in this update that have already been installed on your machine will be ignored.
Known issues in this update
After you install the August Preview of Quality Rollup or September 11, 2018 .NET Framework update, instantiation of SqlConnection can throw an exception.
After installing this update, users may not be able to use the Seek Bar in Windows Media Player when playing specific files.
Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.
As always, Microsoft recommends going to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and select Check for updates. If you want to download the stand-alone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog. If you need any more help, go this support page first.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft kills hotfix service, here are the alternatives
- Dutch Regulators catch Windows 10 breaching GDPR
- Update KB4467702 brings new problems for Windows 10
Windows 10 is an amazing operating system with many features and great versatility. No matter what peripherals are you trying to connect to it, even […]
The Sync function offered by the Windows Media Player allows the users to sync their favorite tracks between the PC and the smartphone. Sometimes, the […]