Windows 10 version 1803 (April 2018 Update) just got a new cumulative update: KB4480976. This patch is available for this OS version only.
The recent update patched many problems related to BitLocker, networking, Thunderbolt storage, Microsoft Edge and drivers. All the improvements, fixes, and security updates have been mentioned in the changelog for the Build 17134.556.
The update also fixes the black screen issue that appears as soon as users connect Thunderbolt storage devices. The tech giant has also addressed a bug that caused the Windows Driver Frameworks service to trigger high CPU usage issues.
KB4480976 key features
The recent update fixes a major issue related to the focusin event. Previously, the system lacked the timeline and sharing features along with the roaming settings in Korean, Japanese and Chinese languages.
Another annoying issue that has been fixed with this update is the bug that prevented apps from correctly using the built-in Help window.
KB4480976 known issues
The cumulative update has also inherited various known issues from the previous releases.
- Some users are not able to pin a web link on the taskbar or the Start menu.
- Those users who were using a local IP address are not able to load a webpage in Microsoft Edge.
- Some apps (Using Microsoft Jet database with Microsoft Access 97 file format) fail to open with the “Unrecognizable Database Format” error.
How to install KB4480976?
The Patch Tuesday updates that were rolled out earlier this month addressed the security vulnerabilities that were reported in Windows 10. On the other hand, the latest updates focus on general OS improvements. This time a lot of refinements and general fixes have been added by the company.
Microsoft might release new updates for the Windows 10 October 2018 Update devices as well. The second January cumulative update for Windows 10 v1809 is reportedly in the testing phase and should land later this month.
- Choose what Windows 10 updates are installed with this tool
- Here’s how to pause Windows 10 updates for 35 days
- Here’s how to fix inverted colors on Windows 10