Windows 10 KB4482887 blocks Spectre malware, fixes a plethora of bugs
Microsoft is planning to rollout Cumulative Update KB4482887 for Windows 10 version 1809 next week. For the time being, the update is available only for Preview Ring Insiders.
The Preview Ring updates are not available for the general public. They are available just for the insiders to make sure that the update KB4482887 is working properly without any issues or faults. Once its credibility has proven, then it will be launched to the general public.
Although the Microsoft has not released any official changelog about the update, Insiders already noticed the patch made their computers more stable.
KB4482887 will install automatically through Windows Update. Once it is installed, restart your PC and your Windows will be updated to Windows 10 17763.346.
Update: Microsoft recently published KB4482887’s changelog. The update brings a plethora of bug fixes and improvements. Some of the most important changes are the following:
- Enables “Retpoline” for Windows on certain devices, which may improve performance of Spectre variant 2 mitigations (CVE-2017-5715). For more information, see our blog post, “Mitigating Spectre variant 2 with Retpoline on Windows”.
- Addresses an issue that may cause the Action Center to suddenly appear on the wrong side of the screen before appearing on the correct side.
- Addresses an issue that may fail to save some inked content in a PDF in Microsoft Edge. […]
- Addresses a performance issue when establishing a Remote Desktop connection from a web Remote Desktop client to Windows Server 2019.
- Addresses a reliability issue that may cause the screen to remain black after resuming from Sleep if you close a laptop lid while disconnecting the laptop from a docking station.
- Addresses an issue that causes the overwriting of file on a shared folder to fail because of an Access Denied error.
- Enables peripheral role support for some Bluetooth radios.
- Addresses an issue that may cause printing to PDF to fail during a Remote Desktop session.
- Addresses an issue that displays a black screen and causes a Remote Desktop session to stop responding when using certain VPN connections. […]
- Addresses an issue that fails to register USB cameras correctly for Windows Hello after the out of box experience (OOBE) setup. […]
- Addresses an issue that may prevent some applications from displaying the Help (F1) window correctly. […]
- Addresses a compatibility issue with parsing and playback of certain MP4 content. […]
- Addresses an issue that may cause the new Miracast connection banner to remain open after a connection is closed.
You can read the original report below.
Although there is no official statement from Microsoft regarding the latest update, it is expected that KB4482887 is mainly focusing to remove the bug in Action Center/Notification Center.
The Action Center collects notifications from all applications present in your device. After collecting notifications it displays them. The bug was reported a long time ago by Windows 10 users. Normally the Action Center show up from the right side of the screen.
Because of the bug in the old update, the Action Center showed up from the left side. So it might be possible that this new update fixes this error and retrieves the action center to the right side.
But, as stated earlier, these are the just expectations from this new update and we know the real story next Tuesday when the update will be officially published. It is possible that apart from these potential fixes, the upcoming update would also introduce further changes to the Windows 10.
What are your expectations for this new update? Why not let us know in the comment below?
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- What to do if desktop is unavailable after Windows 10 update
- Download Windows 10 February 2019 Patch Tuesday updates now
Google Chrome is the most popular browser out there. It is a reliable tool to surf the Internet and has many great features. However, nothing […]
Uplay is an amazing game distribution platform created by Ubisoft. It can be used to buy and download games as well as DLCs. It can […]