If you are running Windows 10 v1809 or Windows 10 v1803, we’ve got a good piece of news for you: the November Patch Tuesday updates are out. You can now download KB4523205 for Windows 10 v1809 and KB4525237 for Windows 10 1803, respectively.
Both updates feature the same changelog structured along three main directions. The first one improves security when using Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
The second category of updates adds improvements to Microsoft Office products. And the third update category focuses on improving security when using input devices such as a mouse, keyboard, or stylus and external devices including game controllers, printers, and web cameras.
You can download the latest Windows 10 updates manually from the links given below:
KB4523205 & KB4525237 changelog
The official changelog reads:
- Addresses an issue that might cause the Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) service to stop running and stop sending reporting data.
- Provides protections against the Intel® Processor Machine Check Error vulnerability (CVE-2018-12207). Use the registry setting as described in the Guidance KB article. (This registry setting is disabled by default.)
Provides protections against the Intel® Transactional Synchronization Extensions (Intel® TSX) Transaction Asynchronous Abort vulnerability (CVE-2019-11135). Use the registry settings as described in the Windows Client and Windows Server articles. (These registry settings are enabled by default for Windows Client OS editions and Windows Server OS editions.)
- Security updates to Microsoft Scripting Engine, Internet Explorer, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Input and Composition, Microsoft Edge, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Cryptography, Windows Virtualization, Windows Linux, Windows Kernel, Windows Datacenter Networking, Windows Peripherals, and the Microsoft JET Database Engine.
KB4523205 & KB4525237 issues
Microsoft is aware of three issues concerning KB4523205/KB4525237.
- You may encounter the error “STATUS_BAD_IMPERSONATION_LEVEL (0xC00000A5)” while performing certain operations on files or folders that are on a Cluster Shared Volume.
- The installation of these updates may trigger an error “x800f0982 – PSFX_E_MATCHING_COMPONENT _NOT_FOUND” on PCs with some Asian language packs.
- You may experience issues while setting up a local user when using Input Method Editor (IME) on new Windows devices.
Have you downloaded Patch Tuesday updates on your PC? Comment down below if you experienced any issues.