Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
- Insiders on the Beta Channel should know that a new version of the OS is available.
- Microsoft has just released builds 22621.590 and 22622.590 (KB5017846) today.
- Check out everything that is going on on the Betta Channel for Windows 11 Insiders.
Microsoft has just released Windows 11 Build 25193 to all Insiders in the Dev Channel, so it was only natural for the Beta CHannel Insiders to get new software as well.
Ever since July, the tech giant began flighting two separate of Windows 11 Preview builds for Insiders on the Beta channel for a staggered release.
That won’t stop today, as Microsoft has released an update with new builds 22621.590 and 22622.590 (KB5017846).
Don’t forget to also check out the best mouse settings for gaming in Windows 11, in case you installed the new OS and plan on going on a virtual adventure.
What do we get with KB5017846?
Taking a closer look at this Beta Channel release, we can see that it comes with a lot of fixes for issues that Insiders were struggling with.
Check out all the changes, improvements, and also known issues that came with this recent Beta Channel update rollout.
Fixes in Build 22622.590
- We fixed the issue causing Control Panel to not launch from the Start menu, Search or if pinned to the taskbar in the previous flight.
- As a result of feedback from Windows Insiders, we have disabled the ability to share a local file directly to OneDrive using the built-in Windows share window that first began rolling out to Windows Insiders in the Beta Channel with Build 22622.436. We hope to bring this feature back in the future after further refinement of the experience. As we’ve mentioned previously, features we try out in the Dev or Beta Channels may not always ship.
- Fixed an issue causing a small percentage of Insiders to experience repeated explorer.exe crashes after attempting to access certain folders on their systems in the previous Beta Channel build.
- As a one-time change to help people find their folders with the navigation pane updates, if the default folders pinned to File Explorer’s navigation pane had been unpinned, they will be re-pinned after upgrading.
- Fixed a recent issue where if File Explorer was open when you switched between light and dark mode, you could end up with some unreadable text / UI showing the wrong color.
- Fixed an issue where the New / Sort / View / etc buttons in the command bar could become noticeably clipped vertically after increasing your text scaling in Accessibility Settings.
- The search box background should no longer unexpectedly have a dark background sometimes when you’re using light mode.
- If you move keyboard focus to the tab row (using F6), pressing the arrow keys to move keyboard focus within the row will now include setting focus to the close button within the tab.
- If File Explorer is maximized and the taskbar is set to autohide, hovering your mouse on the bottom of the screen should now actually bring up the taskbar.
- Fixed a memory leak which was happening when closing File Explorer windows.
- Fixed a GDI objects leak when resizing the navigation pane in File Explorer, which could potentially lead to content in File Explorer not rendering correctly over time for Insiders who resized the navigation pane frequently.
- The taskbar overflow flyout should now follow your accent colour like the rest of the taskbar does when Show accent color on Start and taskbar is enabled under Settings > Personalization > Colors.
- The apps in the taskbar overflow flyout should now be in the correct order when using an Arabic or Hebrew display language.
- When the taskbar is center aligned and full, the widgets entry point will now collapse to a shorter width to give you a little more room on the taskbar.
- Fixed a couple of issues related to the taskbar overflow which could lead to sporadic explorer.exe crashes.
Fixes for BOTH Build 22621.590 & Build 22622.590
- Fixed an issue that affects cldflt.sys. A bugcheck occurs when it is used with Microsoft OneDrive.
- Fixed an issue that affects robocopy. Robocopy fails to set a file to the right modified time when using the /IS
- Looking into reports that audio stopped working for some Insiders in recent Beta Channel builds.
- Investigating reports that a small set of Insiders with “launch folder windows in a separate process” are unable to open File Explorer after last week’s flight. This issue is unrelated to the issue with accessing certain folders in the same flight, which is fixed in this week’s flight.
- Working on the fix for an issue where command bar items like copy, paste, and empty recycle bin may unexpectedly not be enabled when they should be.
After installing builds 22621.590 and 22622.590 (KB5017846) to the Windows 11 Beta Channel, have you experienced any other issues?
Make sure to report them in the dedicated comments section below and we will do our best to help you.