KB5023775 comes with a glanceable VPN status in the system tray
- It will be much easier to see your VPN is connected or not after installing this build.
- Also, know that this update implements phase three of the DCOM hardening process.
- You can check out the entire changelog and see what's new right here, right now.
Not a bad day to be a Beta Channel Insider, considering that they also received new software to play with this week.
After presenting the Release Preview Channel‘s recent update, we’re going to focus a bit on the new patch added to Beta.
Twin builds, of course, as we’ve gotten used to in these last months. Don’t worry, there’s nothing to worry about, Microsoft kept everything under control.
Remember to check out the monthly Patch Tuesday rollout and discover all of the 74 new patches that address various critical issues, and also Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 recent updates.
What should I look for in builds 22621.1465 and 22624.1465?
Indeed, Microsoft released builds 22621.1465 and 22624.1465 (KB5023775) to the Beta Channel for Windows 11 Insiders today.
To give you the short version, this new build comes with Touch Keyboard Settings, more Live Captions, and several bug fixes.
Starting with this build, live captions will be able to also provide captions in Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish and other English dialects.
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
Microsoft is also introducing updates for the new touch keyboard setting that replaces the Show the touch keyboard when there’s no keyboard attached checkbox in the Settings app.
- Never – suppresses the touch keyboard even when no hardware keyboard is attached.
- When no keyboard attached – will show the touch keyboard only when the device is used as a tablet without the hardware keyboard.
- Always – will show the touch keyboard even when the hardware keyboard is attached.
The tech giant, among others, is also trying out some changes that will allow you to easily type popular words in Simplified Chinese.
These new changes include an improved cloud suggestion and integrated search suggestion, and the cloud suggestion adds the most relevant word from Bing to the IME candidate window.
Let’s take a look at the rest of the changelog and see what issues have been fixed, and what known issues come bundled with the new build as well.
Changes and Improvements in 22624.1465
[Taskbar & System Tray]
- Added a glanceable VPN status into the system tray when connected to a recognized VPN profile. The VPN icon, a small shield, will be overlayed in your system accent color over the active network connection.
- The redesigned in-app help page in voice access introduced with Build 22624.1391 now includes all commands and the supplementary information accurately.
Fixes for BOTH Build 22621.1465 & Build 22624.1465
- This update implements phase three of Distributed Component Object Model (DCOM) hardening. See KB5004442. After you install this update, you cannot turn off the changes using the registry key.
- This update addresses an issue that affects a computer account and Active Directory. When you reuse an existing computer account to join an Active Directory domain, joining fails. This occurs on devices that have installed Windows updates dated October 11, 2022 or later. The error message is, “Error 0xaac (2732): NERR_AccountReuseBlockedByPolicy: ‘An account with the same name exists in Active Directory. Re-using the account was blocked by security policy.’” For more information, see KB5020276.
- On ARM64 devices, enhanced speech recognition support installed through the Language & Region settings page will require restarting live captions if you switch languages in the live captions Caption language menu.
- Live captions for Chinese Traditional currently does not work on Arm64 devices.
- Certain languages shown on the Language & Region settings page will indicate speech recognition support (e.g., Korean) but don’t yet have support for live captions.
- When adding a language through the Language & Region settings page, language feature installation progress may become hidden, and you may not see install completion of “Enhanced speech recognition” (required by Live Captions). (You can use the language’s “Language options” to monitor progress.) If this happens, there may be an unexpected delay before the live caption setup experience detects this and lets you continue.
- Captioning performance may be degraded in non-English languages and missing out-of-language filtering in non-English (United States) languages which means that incorrect captions will be shown for speech not in the caption language.
This is, ladies and gentlemen, what we are getting this week in terms of new features, fixes, and known issues on the Windows 11 Insider Beta Channel.
Now, let’s talk about what you can do if you encounter any problems when trying to install this most recent Beta build.
What can I do if I can’t install KB5023775?
- Press Win+ I to access Settings.
- Select the System category and click on Troubleshoot.
- Press the Other troubleshooters button.
- Press the Run button next to Windows Update.
Make sure to report any other issues you might come across, in order for Microsoft to address and improve the overall OS experience for us all.
This is everything you can expect if you are a Windows 11 Beta Channel Insider. Leave a comment below if you found any issues since installing this build.