You probably have a cover for your PC or laptop, but your keyboard stays out in the cold and dust unprotected. This is where keyboard sleeves come in.
Keyboard sleeves are simply, solidly built cases meant to protect or shield your keyboard from anything that can damage them such as dust, accidental spills, or even falls.
Speaking of accidental spills, Razer recently rolled out two spill-resistant keyboards. Check them out and buy them if you like them.
What’s more, keyboard sleeves keep your keyboard neatly tucked away, and leaves you less anxious about what may happen to it. Some keyboard sleeves even come with a separate compartment for your mouse, so you have everything in one place.
Here are the best keyboard sleeves you can purchase right now. Don’t forget to check your keyboard’s dimension before you place your order.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag may vary as some of the discounts may no longer be available by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
Which are the best keyboards sleeves that you can buy?
- Made of neoprene to protect your keyboard from dust, water, and scratches
- Specially design for Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 / K400 Plus
- Has an outer mesh pocket for your other small accessories
- Large compartment for Logitech wireless keyboard
- Very affordable
- Only comes in black
If you travel frequently, you know how things like dust and humidity can end up in your keyboard and cause problems over time.
That being said, the Wanty Neoprene carry bag is an excellent choice for those of you that want some extra protection, while still being stylish.
It is completely made of neoprene, and it does a great job of protecting your keyboard from natural phenomena, indirectly prolonging its lifespan.
- Protect your favorite device from bumps dents and scratches
- Made to fit Apple MC184LL/B Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard
- The inner padding is great for shock-absorption
- Has separate mesh pocket for accessories
- Very limited in terms of what keyboards it can fit
The Hermitshell Hard Travel case bag is one of those rare cases where one accessory is made specifically for another product, and pretty much nothing else.
However, the design is made in such a way that it will fit the Apple MC184LL/B Wireless Bluetooth keyboard like a glove, providing excellent transportation features, and protection.
More so, the interior is made to care for its accessories as well, not just the single keyboard, making it a complete package in terms of transportation.
- Deep padded stretch neoprene pocket to hold the mouse and other stuff
- Easily stores in carry-ons, washable in the sink with water and mild soap
- Great for the Magic Mouse and other peripherals
- Dual-layer neoprene sleeve
- Not very good for protecting against physical shocks
This keyboard sleeve is made from dual-layer neoprene, the same material that’s used on most laptop sleeves, and measures 6 x 15 inches. It stretches enough to fit both your keyboard, mouse, and other accessories in the deep outside pocket.
It is also washable using water and some mild soap owing to its neoprene material, which also offers protective insulation and makes it lightweight and portable.
It also comes in other sizes to fit your keyboard, from 12, 14 or 17 inches, saving your keyboard from catastrophes such as falls or spills. It only comes in black color.
Like other quality keyboard sleeves, Pawtec is made of neoprene material, which makes it lightweight, portable, and stretchable. It comes with a 1-year warranty, unlike other keyboard sleeves, and is super stylish if you’re big on aesthetics.
It measures 11.25 x 6 inches and comes in three different colors: Rose Gold, Black, and Silver.
- Additional polyester foam padding layer for double protection
- One-year warranty on this cover with easy service support
- Slim, lightweight, and it easily slides into your briefcase
- Designed to fit many Apple wireless keyboard models
- Made from soft and durable neoprene
- Not very protective if the keyboard doesn't fit perfectly
This keyboard sleeve is also made of high quality, soft, durable neoprene material, and comes with a zipper so you can easily insert, and/or remove your keyboard.
It is designed to protect your keyboard from dust, scratches, falls, and spills, and is portable and lightweight so you can go anywhere with your keyboard.
Its neoprene build makes it stretchable meaning your keyboard will fit snugly into the sleeve, plus you can store mini accessories such as batteries and USB cables, and probably a small-sized tablet or smartphone. It measures 11.5 x 6.25 x 0.5 inches and comes in three different colors.
This keyboard sleeve comes with a zipper for easy insertion and/or removal of your keyboard, and measures 11.8 x 5.5 x 0.6 inches, but you need to check the dimensions before you can place your order for this one.
It is washable in water and mild soap, plus it is durable and made of high quality, soft neoprene material to safeguard your keyboard against dust, spills, scratches, and falls.
Masino keyboard sleeves take pride in the environmental material they’re made from, which are also soft, non-toxic, non-corrosive, wear-resistant, and heat resistant.
You get all these benefits for a pretty affordable price unlike other keyboard sleeves of its kind. It also comes in a variety of colors from deep blue, to hot pink, and even translucent color.
Simple keyboard protection tips you can use daily
Keyboard sleeves are definitely one of the best and trusted ways to protect your keyboard from wear, tear, and any potential damage.
However, there are a few tips you can use regularly to protect your keyboard when it is not in the keyboard sleeve, including:
- Using a keyboard cover or keyboard protective film
- Washing your hands before using the keyboard
- Using canned air, or a blow dryer set on cool to remove any dust or particles. You can also use rubbing alcohol to wipe the surface in case of oil deposits
- Avoid eating or drinking next to the keyboard or computer
- Do not wash the keyboard unless it is a waterproof or spill-resistant keyboard
Have you found your favorite among these keyboard sleeves? Let us know in the comments section.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in November 2019 and has been since revamped and updated in October 2020 or freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.