Choosing laptop backpacks for gamers is akin to scouting for a bag for traveling because you’re not only carrying your laptop but your gaming gear and other accessories.
Some of the factors you need to consider include storage space which ranges from compartments, pockets, and other extra storage slots the backpack has to offer.
Gamers usually have many tiny, but very important gadgets besides their laptops, gaming consoles, and headsets. Such gadgets include portable speakers, USB cables, power cords, smartphones, and tablets, among other items.
If you’re looking for the best laptop backpacks for gamers, here are our top picks that will make sure you carry the fun with you wherever you go.
What are the best laptop backpacks for gamers?
- Comes with a hidden anti-theft pocket on the back protect your valuable items
- Built-in USB charger outside and built-in charging cable inside
- A luggage strap allows backpack fit on luggage/suitcase
- A spacious interior and plenty of pockets
- Comfortable airflow back design
- The laptop compartment lacks padding on the bottom
Topping off our list is a laptop backpack that isn’t just for gamers, it is for anyone that owns a laptop and wants to travel with it efficiently.
The backpack offers plenty of interior space for storing items, and it can hold laptops as big as 15.6-inch, although it can accommodate smaller models as well.
The design is made to also be very comfortable and modern-looking, allowing great airflow to the back so you don’t sweat while carrying it during hot summer days.
- Strong polyester construction allows the backpack to be water-resistant
- Padded interior protects your valuable laptop from accidents
- Fits all G-Series gaming Laptops, including 17+ inches
- Emblazoned for your ROG Laptop and devices.
- Dedicated Smartphone rear compartment
- Not as many pockets as our other entries
If you’re looking for a backpack that will indeed showcase the fact that you are a hardcore gamer, then few will get you closer to achieving that than the ASUS Republic of Gamers Shuttle Backpack.
It features a streamlined design with the ROG logo on it, and the interior is made to carry even bulky 17-inch laptops.
More so, the interior is heavily padded, so your gaming gear will always be protected from physical shocks, while the water-resistant material makes it great against humidity as well.
- Exclusively designed for airplane traveling allows 180-degree opening
- Fits most 19,18.4,18,17.3,17,15.6, and 15 inch laptops
- RFID Pockets with RFID-radio frequency identification
- External USB port with set-in charging cable
- Extra-large interior with a 22L capacity
- Not a lot of interior padding
If you travel a lot, especially abroad, then the Moglof 18.4-inch Laptop Backpack is definitely the laptop backpack for you.
Not only is it spacious enough to fit even 19-inch laptops, but it is also made to open at 180-degrees, making it ideal for quick airport check-ins.
The material it is made from is also water-proof, and it features built-in USB chargers so your devices always have a battery while inside.
- Can double as a business backpack for professionals or students
- Room for a 15. 6-inch gaming laptop, a large main compartment, plus dedicated pockets
- A slim, contoured design that ensures comfort and Protection on-the-go
- Made from a lightweight material that survives regular wear
- Back padding is made of breathable material
- Not very roomy on the inside
If slim, sleek, and simple are what you are looking for, then the Lenovo Legion Recon is indeed the laptop backpack that you need in your life.
It sports an incredibly modern and yet minimalist design, allowing it to be great for both gamers, students, and office workers alike.
The material it is made from makes it great for protecting whatever you carry, it is also breathable, and more importantly, it is incredibly lightweight.
- The inside of each compartment is covered in a special green TPU material to keep laptops safe
- Main interior large enough to fit any 17-inch laptop, or smaller
- Stretchy side pockets are ideal for carrying drinks securely
- Comfortable padded straps and breathable back padding
- Water and damage-resistant exterior
- Not very roomy on the inside
This bag is built for gamers, by gamers as its tagline states. It can withstand wear, tear, and is resistant to water and other elements.
With its protective, scratch proof, and padded interior, this bag is designed to carry your laptop, devices, and other accessories with comfort, regardless of the weather.
Its main pocket measures 15.6” with a dedicated laptop compartment that can fit most 15” laptops and/or notebooks, plus a second compartment for your extra gaming gear and other laptop accessories.
What’s more, it comes with padded shoulder straps and a back panel for increased comfort and ease despite the load as it evenly distributes the weight over your back ranking it among the best laptop backpacks for gamers.
This bag is known as the Checkpoint Friendly laptop backpack because it opens up 180 degrees so you can quickly pass through security checks with fewer hassles.
It comes with a dedicated padded laptop compartment for 18” laptops and is resistant to various weather elements including rain, snow, and dust as it has an all-weather resistant cover.
You can carry other devices and gaming gear and accessories as it has multiple compartments for almost everything you need to move with. It may look dull on the outside, but its interior is a vibrant orange and displays everything in an organized style.
It also comes with a separate pouch and intuitive spaces for a smart organization, with buckles and straps for making any adjustments.
If you like moving around while listening to music, the Everki backpack has an audio device compartment with a cable outlet that sits at shoulder level for quick, easy, tangle-free access to earphones and headsets, keeping dust or rain from getting in.
It also comes with a lifetime warranty protection so you can rest easy knowing you’re covered against defects for the entire product life.
This bag can fit up to 17.3-inch laptops with multiple compartments for storing your gaming gear, and other accessories, carrying them comfortably with its heavily padded, shock-absorbing shoulder straps that reduce the inconvenience that comes with backpack fatigue.
It also has a little zipper compartment at the back of the bag, which you can use as a hiding spot for your keys, or wallet.
As a gamer, you probably also have other devices and accessories such as a smartphone, tablet, music player, camera, and others. This bag caters for your digital lifestyle as its many compartments accommodate this.
You also get a microfiber-lined pouch for your sunglasses, and a zippered but padded pocket for storing anything else you want to protect.
Targus gives a limited lifetime warranty so you know you and your devices are covered. It comes in black and gray colors.
This bag snugly fits a 15” laptop in a dedicated compartment, plus it comes with a built-in 16000mAh battery and 8.8-watt detachable solar panel.
In addition, it is water-resistant, comes with 5 USB ports – 2 on the solar panel, 2 inside the backpack, and 1 external port – and an intelligent power LED indicator to display the battery status.
It is made of premium water-resistant, and eco-friendly polyester material so your stuff is protected from weather elements such as rain and dust.
With the built-in chargers, you’re assured of continued gaming fun wherever you go, while keeping your phone and other devices juiced up for the journey. It is light, stylish, and sturdy.
Have you found your favorite pick among these laptop backpacks for gamers? Let us know about your choice in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you need a reliable backpack to carry your laptop, check out this list containing our top picks.
Yes, they can, through a combination of cushioning and hard materials. Speaking of which, here is a list of the best hardshell laptop backpacks that you can buy.
If you’re looking for an elegant way to carry your laptop, a good laptop case is what you are looking for.