- IPS displays revolutionized the older TN LCD displays getting rid of their strong viewing-angle dependence and low-quality color reproduction.
- Because laptops are so portable, you should look for one with an IPS display.
- Get informed about everything related to laptops by checking our thorough Laptop Section.
- Don't hesitate to check our detailed Buying Guides Section for more awesome products.
IPS, also known as In-Plane Switching is a new technology for LCDs that was created to remove the main limitations of the older Twisted Nematic Field.
The matrix LCDs were prevalent in the late 1980s. They were problematic because they were dependent on viewing angles and had low-quality color reproduction. Fortunately, the IPS was created especially to solve all of these problems.
You might be tired of the laptops that use outdated technology. Constantly having to move the laptop to see the screen properly can be quite frustrating. If you wish to buy one with IPS, Here is a list of laptops with different specifications and price ranges.
What are the 5 best laptops with IPS Displays?
- AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Dual-Core Processor
- Integrated Graphics Card
- 15.6 inches full HD LED IPS display
- 4GB DDR4 Memory and a 128GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- No SD card slot
If you are a casual person who doesn’t play games or use editing programs, Acer Aspire 5 Slim is the best choice for you. The laptop is really cheap, but it offers a lot for its low price if you only want to use it to browse the internet, social media, or work.
The laptop is light and slim, it has all the ports you need to connect accessories to it, and it offers great performance and battery life for its price. In addition, you can choose to increase your RAM or the SSDs capacity if you want to run more programs at the same time and take advantage of extended storage.
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H 6-Core Processor up to 5.0GHz
- 15.6-Inch Full HD LED IPS display with 144Hz refresh rate
- 16GB DDR4 2933MHz RAM and 512GB NVMe SSD
- Windows 10 Home 64 Bit included
- Short battery life
Moving on to a laptop from the renowned Predator Series. The Acer Predator Helios 300 is a powerful gaming machine for those who want to max out all the triple-A games out there.
It comes with a fully RGB keyboard as well as an RTX ready GPU. The RAM memory works in dual-channel for even more performance and the SSD ensures insane loading times on your games.
If you’re a gamer looking for the best laptop out there that has an IPS display, and you don’t care about the price, this product will bring you the best image quality you can wish for.
- NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650 with 4GB DDR6 video memory
- 9th-generation Intel Core i5 processor up to 4.10GHz
- 15.6-Inch Full HD IPS display
- 512GB NVMe SSD
- No SD card reader
A budget choice for the gamers is Lenovo Ideapad L340. The laptop is significantly cheaper than the aforementioned Acer but still packs enough power to run all the games.
It has a really quality keyboard which is backlit so you can see the keys in the dark, and the battery lasts long. Moreover, the display is bright and it has a good color contrast.
- AMD Ryzen 7 4700U Octa-Core Mobile Processor up to 4.1 GHz
- Integrated Radeon Graphics Card
- 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- Fingerprint reader
- Soldered RAM, no memory banks
Another popular entry from Acer is the Acer Swift 3. The laptop is a mid-range choice, having quality internals but focusing more on work and everyday use, and not on gaming.
This laptop is really small and thin, making it easy to carry around. The keyboard is backlit, in case you need to use it in the dark. In addition, the Ryzen processor and the 8GB of RAM can run multiple programs and browsers at once.
- 15.6 inch Full HD IPS Display with 88% screen-to-body ratio
- Latest 10th Gen Intel Core i3-1005G1 CPU up to 3.4 GHz
- 8GB DDR4 RAM and 128GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- Comes with Windows 10 in S mode
- MicroSD card slot instead of full-size SD card slot
Our last item on the list is the Asus Vivobook 15. The laptop strikes a nice balance between the price and what it’s capable of. It delivers good connectivity, a large 15-Inch display, and good all-around performance for its price.
Moreover, the laptop is designed to be really thin and light so you can take it with you anywhere. The laptop also features a keyboard that is backlit, allowing you to use it in the dark.
This article covered all the different types of laptops with IPS displays. It contains products for people with different interests and budgets.
If you have anything to add to the subject, please feel free to tell us in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, they are. They offer premium image quality, and low power usage, so go ahead and browse this selection of IPS monitors.
If you value low power consumption in the long run, then an OLED display is what you need.
Yes, they are, especially for longer gaming sessions where you need to look into the screen for hours. Check out this wide selection of OLED TVs for gamers.