Keyboard lights are extremely useful if you’re working in dark environments, but many users reported that laptop keyboard lights won’t turn on on their PC. This can be an issue because you won’t be able to see your keys in the dark, but you’ll be pleased that there’s a way to fix this problem.
Since the last windows 10 update I have lost the keyboard backlight on my Toshiba Satellite laptop. I have checked for updated drivers and my keyboard function light is set for ON. What is up with this?
What to do if keyboard backlight isn’t working?
1.Press the keyboard shortcut
- In the case that the Spacebar on your keyboard has a keyboard icon on its left side, hold the function (Fn) key and hit the Spacebar once.
- Hit the F12 key.
- Then, press the F5 key.
- Also, press the key with the backlight sign on it.
2. Increase the lighting of the backlit keyboard
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to Windows mobility center.
- Navigate to a Keyboard backlit icon on Windows mobility center and click on it.
- A Keyboard backlit window will come up. Choose On under Keyboard lighting. To adjust the keyboard brightness, choose either Bright or Dim option.
- Click on OK to save changes.
3. Check if the keyboard application exists
- Press the Start button.
- Type Keyboard backlit in the search box, there you will find the settings.
- You can confirm if the keyboard backlit is enabled or not.
4. Troubleshoot your keyboard
- Open Control Panel and go to Troubleshooting.
- Choose the View all option and all the troubleshooters will pop up in your screen.
- Search for Keyboard in the list of troubleshooters, then click on it.
- Click Next.
- It will perform a scan on the system and hopefully fix all keyboard issues.
So these are the steps to carry out when your laptop keyboard lights won’t turn on. If you found this article helpful, let us know in the comments section below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT: