- One of the most common issues with LastPass is that it won't launch.
- You can easily fix this yourself by using one of the steps in the article below.
- Don't hesitate to look for similar guides and tutorials in our Security & Privacy Hub.
- To improve your security while surfing the web, be sure to check out our VPN page.
Cannot launch sites from my vault. I push the launch button, LP takes me to the site, but does not enter account name or password. Entering account name or original password does not work. Tried several times, which has disabled some sites.
Others created a new entry with a proper URL, username, and password. Despite that, launching LastPass is unsuccessful. The launch button simply doesn’t pop up when scrolling over it.
Such problems are not uncommon on LastPass, so users have tried different solutions until some stood out as working. So we’ve decided to compile a brief list of all those fixes that you could try as well.
There are plenty of password managers out there, so perhaps it’s time you switched to a more reliable one. Our recommendation in this particular situation is Dashlane.
What recommends Dashlane as a better option than LastPass is the possibility to automatically import or change multiple passwords with just one click.
Besides, the Premium version comes with unlimited password storage on an unlimited number of devices, free VPN, and responsive customer support.
DashlaneTired of errors with your password manager? Try Dashlane and import your passwords with just one click.
How can I fix LastPass not launching?
1. Refresh sites on your vault
- Click on the browser extension icon.
- Go to More options > Advanced.
- Hit Refresh Sites.
Note: Browsers such as Avant have an Auto-Refresh option in the Tools menu.
If you want one of the fastest and most reliable browsers available right now, take your pick from these top 5 browsers.
2. Edit the entry
Some LastPass users tried to plugin https:// in front of all addresses and it worked. Don’t forget to save the entry and refresh the vault.
3. Reset the LastPass account
- Backup of all your LastPass data.
- Go to LastPass Delete Your Account page.
- Click Reset.
- Click No to indicate that you don’t remember your Master Password.
- A warning message will appear next. It normally states that resetting your account will permanently destroy all of your data.
- Fill in your LastPass email address.
- Click Send Email to get further instructions and a Master password reset link.
- Open the email and click on the sent link.
- You may now create a new Master Password. Remember to use a minimum of 12 characters, upper case, lower case, numeric, as well as special character values.
- Up next, log back into your account.
- Set up your Vault identities, Multifactor Authentication options, and Trusted devices.
- Finally, reimport your backup to complete the procedure.
Resetting your LastPass account isn’t always about not remembering your Master Password. Some users got the launch button back after performing the above procedure. You could try it at your earliest convenience, but keep in mind the importance of a proper backup.
By following these steps, you should get rid of any errors related to LastPass not being able to launch sites or completely missing the launch button.
If you have a question, a suggestion, or anything else you might want to share with us, feel free to use the comments area below.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in December 2019 and was updated and revamped in August 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.