Cannot launch sites from my vault. I push the launch button, LP takes me to the site, but does not enter account name or password. Entering account name or original password does not work. Tried several times, which has disabled some sites.
Others created a new entry with a proper URL, username and password. Despite of that, launching it is unsuccessful. The launch button simply doesn’t pop up when they scroll over it.
Such problems are not uncommon on LastPass, so users have tried different solutions until some stood out as working. Here we’ve decided to compile a brief list of all those fixes that you could try as well.
How can I fix LastPass will not launch?
1. Refresh sites on your vault
- Click on the browser extension icon.
- Go to More options > Advanced.
- Hit Refresh Sites.
Note: Browsers such as Avant have an Auto Refresh option in the Tools menu.
If you want one of the fastest and most reliable browsers available right now, find out more from our dedicated top 5 browsers article.
2. Edit the entry
Some LastPass users tried to plug in https:// in front of all addresses and it worked. Don’t forget to save the entry and refresh the vault.
3. Reset LastPass account
- Take a backup of all your LastPass data.
- Go to LastPass Delete Your Account page.
- Click Reset.
- Click No to indicate that you don’t remember your Master Password.
- A warning message will appear next. It normally states that resetting your account will permanently destroy all of your data.
- Fill in your LastPass email address.
- Click Send Email to get further instructions and a Master password reset link.
- After getting it, click the link within the email.
- You may now create a new Master Password. Remember to use a minimum of 12 characters, upper case, lower case, numeric, as well as special character values.
- Up next, log back in to your account.
- Set up your Vault identities, Multifactor Authentication options, and Trusted devices.
- Finally, reimport your backup to complete the procedure.
Resetting your LastPass account isn’t always about not remembering your Master Password. Some users got the launch button back after performing the above procedure. You could try it at your earliest convenience, but keep in mind the importance of a proper backup.
By following these steps, you should get rid of any errors related to LastPass not being able to launch sites or completely missing the launch button.
If you have a question, a suggestion, or anything else you might want to share with us, feel free to use the comment area below.