LG Gram 17 battery not charging? 4 tips to get it at a usual workload
- Removing the battery from the laptop and properly booting it will rule out the possibility of a malfunctioning charger.
- Outdated drivers might cause the system to malfunction, thus drivers should be updated on a regular basis.
- Making sure that the charger is actually connected to the power outlet can be the easiest fix to LG Gram 17 battery not charging.
- Surge protectors can safeguard laptop chargers and batteries from damage caused by surges in power lines.
Battery not charging is a typical problem with laptops, and the LG Gram 17 is no exception.
The LG Gram 17 sacrifices very little leading functionality in order to weigh less than three pounds and this has caused some problems.
While this laptop is famous for its long battery life users have reported that it is struggling to charge its power storing device.
This problem can either derivate from faulty hardware or minor software issues which we will surely discuss.
What causes the LG Gram 17 battery to drain when off?
Although shutting down your laptop should terminate any running processes, people have reported battery drain even after shutdown.
This common issue that is usually caused by the Connected Standby function or an improper shutdown, can be resolved by turning off standby or ensuring that the laptop shuts down properly.
How can I fix the LG Gram 17 battery not charging?
1. Make sure the charge is plugged in
- Before you do anything, double-check that your laptop’s charger is connected.
- Double-check that the outlet where you plugged in your charger is operating properly.
If you’re in a hurry, you can make this error, which might generate unnecessary tension.
2. Remove the battery
- Unplug or detach the power cable if your laptop is plugged in.
- Turn your laptop over and make sure the bottom of your laptop is facing up.
- On the bottom of the laptop, look for the battery latch.
- Slide the latch switch to the other side and keep it open until the battery is released.
- Close the laptop up and press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
- Plug in your laptop’s power cable and turn LG Gram 17 on then check the battery charging status.
If your device struggles to start up then the problem is your power adapter and not the battery itself.
3. Update Drivers
- First, click on the Start menu, type device manager, then select Device Manager.
- Select Batteries.
- Following that, go to Microsoft AC Adapter, right-click it, and select Update driver from the context menu. Then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Right-click on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and select Update driver from the context menu when you right-click on it. Then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Reboot the laptop.
If you don’t want to do it manually, we recommend installing an application that updates computer drivers automatically.
We offer DriverFix for this reason, which, after installation, performs a deep scan, identifies missing and outdated drivers, and updates them, potentially resolving numerous issues.
4. Check Power & Sleep Settings
- First, click on the Start menu, enter the Control panel, then select Control panel.
- After that, select Hardware and Sounds.
- Select Power Options.
- There, select Change plan settings and then see to it that the right settings are applied.
- After applying any changes in the settings, click Save changes.
What are the Pros and Cons of LG Gram 17?
The display and weight set it apart from other laptops of the same generation, while quiet fans and excellent performance round off this masterpiece.
Lack of HDR technology and keyboard layout problems are the main issues of this laptop, plus the trackpad has palm rejection issues.
While there are a variety of reasons for the LG Gram battery problem, power surges are often the first to cause damage.
Power surges may cause some problems to electronic devices and in this case, they can severely damage laptops.
The charger is the first thing to be attacked because it delivers electricity to your laptop and the laptop battery comes in second.
These are compelling reasons why surge protection should be used to prevent battery problems in the first place.
If you want to know how to check battery usage and health in Windows 11, this article could help.
Let us know the method you used to fix the battery charging issue with LG Gram 17 in the comments section below.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.