- Being on the move means that your device will rely on its battery, in order to function.
- We know that Windows 11 is a power-hungry OS so you might want to check the usage.
- Certain apps drain your battery faster than others and you can easily check this information.
- This article will guide you through navigating the Settings menu with 4 easy steps.
If you are using Microsoft’s upcoming operating system on a laptop or tablet, you will surely want to know how to check the battery status and find out at what level are the apps or processes you are running draining your battery.
Luckily, the revamped battery information section in your Settings menu will display a detailed graph along with the information of battery consumption by apps and programs installed on your device.
So this is your go-to place on the OS for checking such information and we’re going to show exactly how to do it, step by step.
How do I check the battery ussage by apps on Windows 11?
A fairly simple process that will offer you detailed information on specific software energy consumption, that can be done with just a few clicks.
We recommend that you check this information, especially if you are on the go and rely on your device’s battery to finish your tasks.
Certain apps will take a higher energy tool than others and you might want to close them before your device’s battery is drained.
4 easy steps to check which apps are draining my battery faster
- Open Settings, either from the Start menu or by pressing Windows key + I.
- Select the System category and then click on Power & Battery.
- Click on Battery usage to expand it.
- In this window you will have the necessary usage information, based on which you can choose to close some the apps whch prove to be consuming more than others.
Why is it important to know how much certain apps drain my battery?
As we mentioned above, working while on the move, on a portable device such as a tablet, a laptop, or even a phone, depends on the autonomy of the device in question.
Conserving battery life can prove to be crucial in finishing your appointed tasks, more so if you don’t have an available socket in which to plug said device.
Therefore, knowing exactly what apps take a higher toll on your remaining battery is an important factor that you should definitely consider while traveling.
Not long ago we’ve also mentioned that Windows 11 is more power-hungry than the previous OS, so that’s another reason why you should keep an eye on battery usage.
And now that everyone is familiar with the fact that Windows 11 runs great on mobile phones, as well as on a number of foldable devices and Microsoft’s own Surface models, more people are going to install it on such gadgets.
Be sure that you keep track of every important detail, in order to avoid unpleasant surprises.
What portable devices are you currently running Windows 11 on? Let us know in the comments section below.