- LinkedIn not loading on Chrome can be caused by an outdated Chrome browser.
- Chrome is considered to be the best browser for LinkedIn in terms of overall performance.
- While it is not advisable, clearing your browser’s data might help fix the issue.
It can be quite frustrating when your LinkedIn is not loading especially for Chrome users. Since chrome is one of the fastest and most efficient browsers.
Often, this issue reflects itself by making LinkedIn get stuck on loading the screen. This can take forever if not addressed.
This issue can be caused by many factors which are beyond the users. Hence, this article will provide the best troubleshooting options to fix LinkedIn not loading on Chrome.
Why is LinkedIn not loading on Chrome?
As earlier stated, this issue can be caused by many reasons and some of them are:
- Server issues: Sometimes, the company may decide to update the website or fix certain things on it. In this situation, the servers will be down, and the site, unreachable.
- Internet connection issues: if your internet connection is unstable, there is a high chance the site will be inaccessible.
- Incompatible issues: Outdated browsers might be another cause of this problem. Since LinkedIn is constantly updated, only the latest browsers can access it effectively.
- Browser extensions can prevent you from accessing LinkedIn. Most especially, if you are using privacy protection Chrome extensions.
Which browser is best for LinkedIn?
The website supports Edge, Firefox, and Safari. However, Chrome is considered the best option for LinkedIn.
In terms of overall performance, speed, optimization, and security, Chrome excels the most.
How do I fix LinkedIn if it doesn’t load on Chrome?
1. Clear browser cache and data
- Launch your Chrome browser, click on the Menu icon, and select History.
- Click on Clear browsing data.
- Check the box for browsing history, Cookies & site data, and Cached images and files.
- Click Clear data and confirm it.
By clearing these, all corrupted files and cookies will be removed and your browser should access LinkedIn.
2. Disable browser extensions
- Launch Google Chrome and click the extension icon.
- Select Manage Extensions.
- Toggle off the blue icons beside the extensions.
Since chrome extensions can cause LinkedIn not loading error, disabling them should sort it out.
3. Update your Chrome
- Launch Chrome, click the Menu icon, and choose Settings.
- Locate About Chrome on the left pane and expand it.
- Chrome will automatically update itself if there’s an update.
Although LinkedIn supports the previous major updates on chrome, it is worth trying the latest version.
Alternatively, you can switch to a wired connection for a stable internet connection if everything fails.
Also, you can try a different browser. If LinkedIn is not loading on your Chrome, then you can try other supported browsers.
Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Safari are all supported by LinkedIn. So, you can check with any to discover if it’s a general issue or not.
Let us know which solution worked for you in the comments area below.