- Purchasing a printer isn’t an easy task, especially if you’re looking for a printer that is compatible with Linux.
- In today’s article, we’re going to show you the best Linux compatible printers that you can buy.
- Are you interested in Linux? You can learn more about it in this dedicated Linux article.
- Looking for more printer information? You can find all the information you need in our Printer Hub.
Sometimes you need to print something, and in order to do that, you need a high-quality printer. However, not all printers are compatible with all operating systems.
Many printers aren’t fully compatible with Linux, and in today’s article, we’re going to show you the best Linux compatible printers that you can buy.
What printers are compatible with Linux?
If you’re looking for a Linux compatible printer, you should consider Pantum P2502W. This is a monochrome printer, and it can print up to 22ppm in A4/letter format.
Regarding the size, the device measures 13.27” x 8.66” x 7.01”, so it should fit in any workspace. The printer has a metal frame structure, so it can sustain prolonged use with ease.
Pantum P2502W connects to your PC via USB 2.0 port, but there’s also Wi-Fi available, so you can print documents from iOS or Android systems.
The device is compatible with Windows as well as Linux, and since it’s so easy to install, you won’t have any problems with it.
Overall, Pantum P2502W is a solid printer, and if you’re looking for a monochrome laser printer that works with Linux, this model might be perfect for you.
- Monochrome laser printer
- Can print 22/23 pages per minute in A4/letter format
- 13.27'' x 8.66'' x 7.01'' in size
- USB 2.0 and Wi-Fi
- Works with Android and iOS
- Some users had issues with Linux drivers
Brother HL-L8260CDW is a multipurpose laser printer that can print up to 33 pages per minute. Regarding the capacity, it can store 50 sheets in the input tray and 150 in the output tray.
The printer supports duplex printing, so you can easily print on both sides, and thanks to the high-yield toner cartridges, you can print up to 4500 black and white and up to 4000 color prints.
Speaking of the toner, there’s a dash replacement feature that can measure the toner level and automatically order a new toner once your current one is low.
It’s important to mention that this printer has both Ethernet and Wi-Fi connectivity, so you can easily print remotely or from your phone.
Brother HL-L8260CDW is a great printer, and with its Windows, Mac, and Linux support, it’s a perfect choice regardless of the platform you’re using.
- Can print up to 33 pages per minute
- Input capacity 50 sheets, output capacity 150 sheets
- Measures 16.1 x 19.1 x 12.3 inches
- Duplex printing
- Ethernet and Wi-Fi support
- Inability to reset toner cartridges
Another great Linux compatible printer is Lexmark B3340dw. This device is a monochrome laser printer, and it can print up to 40 pages per minute. In addition, the device offers duplex printing support.
The device comes with a 1GHz dual-core processor and 256MB of memory, and as for the connectivity, it supports USB, Ethernet, and Wi-Fi.
Lexmark B3340dw uses a high yield toner, that can provide you with up to 3000 printed pages, which will be enough for most users.
The device measures 8. 7 x 14. 5 x 14. 3, so it shouldn’t take too much space, and it offers full compatibility with Windows, Linux, and Mac computers.
Overall, Lexmark B3340dw is a great monochrome printer, and you should definitely consider it.
- Monochrome laser printer
- Can print up to 40 pages per minute
- Duplex printing support
- Measures 8.7 x 14.5 x 14.3 inches
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Connecting to Wi-Fi might be a bit complicated
Xerox Phaser 6510/DN
This is a laser color printer, and it can print up to 30 pages per minute in color and in black and white. As for the resolution, the printer has 1200×2400 dpi resolution.
When it comes to the printing speed, the first color print is outputted after 8.8 seconds, while the first black and white print is outputted after 7.5 seconds.
Regarding the printing, the device can easily print up to 50,000 pages per month. In addition, the printer fully supports two-sided printing, which will surely come in handy.
The printer has Ethernet and USB 3.0 connection, and it should work with Windows, Mac, and Linux computers with ease.
Xerox Phaser 6510/DN is a solid device, and it will be a perfect choice for all if you’re looking for a laser printer that is Linux compatible.
- Color laser printer
- Can print up to 30 pages per minute
- 1200x2400 DPI resolution
- Two-sided printing
- Ethernet and USB 3.0 connectivity
- Replacement toners can be expensive
If you’re looking for a Linux compatible printer, then Brother HL-L5200DW might be just what you need. This is a monochrome laser printer, and it can output up to 42 pages per minute.
The printer can store up to 250 sheets, and the output tray can hold up to 50 sheets. It’s important to mention that the printer supports both Ethernet and wireless connectivity, so you can print documents remotely.
Speaking of printing, the device comes with high yield toner that can print up to 8000 pages, which should be enough for most users.
Regarding security, the printer has a built-in device, document, and network security features, so you can prevent unauthorized access.
Brother HL-L5200DW is a solid printer, and with Windows, Mac, and Linux compatibility, it’s a great printer overall.
- Monochrome laser printer
- Can print up to 42 pages per minute
- Can hold up to 250 sheets in the input tray, and up to 50 sheets in the output tray
- Comes with high yield toner that can print up to 8000 pages
- Ethernet and wireless connectivity
- Minor issues with the Deep Sleep mode
Finding a proper printer isn’t an easy task, especially if you’re looking for a printer that is fully compatible with Linux.
In this article, we showed you some of the best Linux compatible printers, and we hope that we managed to help you find the right printer for your needs.