- Logitech G Pro Wireless is one of the best gaming mice in the market, but it's not working for many users.
- The underlying cause could be something as simple as the mice and receiver kept apart or as intricate as a firmware update gone wrong.
- To fix the error, you can try running the Logitech Unifying Software, use the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter, or update the mouse driver, amongst other methods here.
Logitech is one of the best device manufacturers in the market, with its products being sold across the globe. But, several users have reported that the Logitech G Pro Wireless mouse is not working.
When the mouse stops working, navigating through the system or performing various actions becomes a challenge. In the case of laptops, you can switch to the touchpad but for desktops, you are left at the mercy of keyboard shortcuts
Don’t worry! Most issues that cause the Logitech G Pro Wireless not working issue are easily fixable. So let’s walk you through the underlying causes and the most effective methods to eliminate the problem.
Why is the Logitech G Pro Wireless mouse not working?
When the Logitech G Pro Wireless is not working, it generally has to do with issues with the connectivity. For instance, the USB port to which the receiver has been connected could be malfunctioning or the mouse is simply kept too far from the receiver.
Other than that, a recent firmware update could also cause issues with the device. If that’s the case, the problem should be fixed in the subsequent versions, and you must look out for updates.
Issues with the driver are just as likely to cause the Logitech G Pro Wireless not working issue in Windows. And, this could have to do with both outdated and corrupt drivers.
Fast startup is often found to cause the external devices to malfunction, so make sure to disable it and verify if the problem is resolved.
Now that you have a basic understanding of the issues, identify the one in your case, and execute the relevant fix below. Otherwise, try the methods here in the listed sequence for quick and effective troubleshooting.
What do I do if Logitech G Pro Wireless is not working?
1. Some basic checks
The first thing you should do when Logitech G Pro Wireless is not working is to disconnect the receiver and then plug it into another port on the PC. Also, verify that the receiver is directly connected to the USB port and not to an extender or hub.
In many cases, it was malfunctioning or damaged port behind the issue, and changing it fixed the problem.
If that doesn’t work, make sure that the mouse and receiver are not too far from each other since this could lead to a loss of signal. Also, remove any other electrical wireless devices that are around to avoid interference.
Verify that the surface underneath the mouse is not highly smooth so as to cause issues with its functioning. Oftentimes, if the mouse is kept on a glass table, you may face difficulty using it.
In case none of these methods helped fix the Logitech G Pro Wireless not working issue, it’s likely a software problem to be blamed. So, just try the methods listed next.
2. Logitech G Pro Wireless not working while charging
If the Logitech G Pro Wireless is not working while plugged into charging, it’s most likely an issue with the mouse itself.
But, before you go around getting it repaired or replaced, just make sure to fully charge it once and verify if the problem is resolved. Sometimes, a mouse is to be fully charged before using it for the first time. Turn it off, plug it into charging and wait until it’s fully charged.
In case the issue persists, the Logitech G Pro Wireless mouse with you is likely defective.
3. Update the mouse driver
- Press Windows + S to launch the Search menu, enter Device Manager in the text field, and click on the relevant search result.
- Now, double-click on the Mice and other pointing devices entry to expand and view the devices under it.
- Right-click on the Logitech G Pro Wireless mouse, and select Update driver from the context menu.
- Now, select Search automatically for drivers from the two options that appear in the Update Drivers window.
- Wait for Windows to automatically locate the best available driver on the system and install it.
This is probably one of the easiest methods to update the driver, and if it was an outdated driver causing the Logitech G Pro Wireless not working issue, the problem should now be fixed.
In case you were unable to install the latest version this way, find out the other ways to update the driver in Windows 11.
Besides, you can use a reliable third-party app. We recommend DriverFix, a dedicated tool that will automatically scan for the latest version, and install it for the drivers on your computer, thus keeping them all up-to-date and eliminating such errors.
4. Logitech G Pro Wireless not working after firmware update
In some cases, the G Pro Wireless not working issue started after a firmware update. If that’s the case, the device manufacturer would have released a patch for it in the subsequent updates. So, download the Logitech G HUP app and update the firmware through it.
Though firmware updates are critical, you should not install every one of them since these may introduce instability. It’s recommended that you only download firmware updates if there’s an issue with that particular device and that too from the official manufacturer.
5. Run Logitech Unifying Software
- Go to the Logitech Support page, and click on the Download Now button to get the Logitech Unifying Software. You wouldn’t be able to find a version for Windows 11, but the one for Windows 10 works fine on the latest iteration.
- Now, double-click on the downloaded file to launch the installer.
- Click Yes on the UAC (User Account Control) prompt that pops up.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- Once the installation is complete, re-pair the mouse using the instructions on the Logitech Unifying Software window.
Once done, check if the Logitech G Pro Wireless not working issue is fixed. If not, head to the next method here.
6. Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
- Press Windows + S to launch the Search menu, enter Windows Terminal in the text field at the top, and click on the relevant search result that appears.
- Click on the download facing arrow and select Command Prompt from the list of options. Alternatively, you can hit Ctrl + Shift + 2 to launch Command Prompt in a new tab.
- Now, paste the following command and hit Enter:
msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic
- Once the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter is launched, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process and eliminate the issue.
7. Disable Fast Startup
- Press Windows + S to launch the Search menu, enter Control Panel in the text field at the top, and click on the relevant search result.
- Click on System and Security from the options here.
- Now, click on Change what the power buttons do under Power Options.
- Click Change settings that are currently unavailable at the top.
- Untick the checkbox for Turn on fast startup (recommended) and then click on Save changes at the bottom.
Fast startup is a feature that helps quickly boot Windows by keeping certain files active. But, this often leads to issues with the connected devices if their respective drivers don’t receive the command that the system has been turned on.
So, you can try disabling fast startup and check if it fixes the Logitech G Pro Wireless not working issue. In case this doesn’t work, re-enable fast startup and head to the last method.
8. Perform a system restore
If none of the methods listed here have worked, you can try performing a system restore. It’s highly effective against most underlying causes, whether it has to do with misconfigured settings, or conflicting apps, among other issues.
When you perform a system restore, the computer is taken back into time to a state when the error didn’t exist. Here, just make sure to choose a restore point created before you first encountered the issue. Otherwise, the whole exercise would prove futile.
These are all the ways you can fix issues with Logitech G Pro Wireless not working on the computer. And once you have it up and running, make sure to not commit the same mistake again that caused the error this time.
Also, find out what to do if Logitech G HUB is not working, since it lets you manage the connected peripherals and can help you troubleshoot a bunch of issues with these.
Tell us which fix worked and your experience with Logitech G Pro Wireless, in the comments section below.