- Resetting the Logitech G Pro Wireless mouse can be done by just disconnecting and reconnecting the device.
- Sometimes, the reason the mouse is not responding is because of an issue during its connection.
- A simple uninstallation and redownloading of the Logitech G Hub may fix the problem.
So, your Logitech G Pro Wireless mouse is now acting like a malfunctioning robot, executing functions you didn’t authorize? Well, you are not alone. There are many users of the device with the same complaint.
The truth is that the Logitech G Pro Wireless mouse is sturdy, durable, and designed with ultralightweight, but not immune to issues.
We understand how frustrating the malfunctioning of any device connected to a Laptop could be for users. That is why we have compiled this easy-to-follow guide on how to reset the Logitech G Pro Wireless mouse and get your mouse working perfectly once again. Jump on board and let’s explore.
To start with, we will analyze the process of getting the Logitech Pro Wireless mouse connected to your Laptop.
How does the Logitech G Pro Wireless mouse connect?
We considered this section relevant for discussion because it is possible that your mouse is functioning properly but perceived otherwise because of an error at your end during connection.
To connect the Logitech G Pro Wireless mouse to your Laptop, do the following:
- Unbox it – this is an obvious step. Take it as a reminder.
- Plug in the mouse, power it, and adjust the DPI button.
Remember the Logitech G Pro mouse is wireless. To plug it, check the back of the mouse, there are two buttons. One powers the mouse and the other is the DPI button which controls its sensitivity. Switch the power ON.
- Connect the USB dongle to your computer.
- Download Logitech G Hub to complete the mouse set-up on your computer. Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
Is it possible to convert Logitech G Pro to a wired mouse?
In some ways, you can manipulate the Logitech G Pro to operate like a wired mouse. Connect the USB dongle to the charger cable.
Next, connect the cable to your Laptop cable port and the other end to the mouse.
Can the Logitech G Pro Wireless work with a phone?
In case you connected the Logitech G Pro Wireless to a phone and it is not working, you don’t need a reset to get it functioning.
The Logitech G Pro Wireless does not have a Bluetooth feature and since a typical phone does not have a port for the USB dongle, it cannot work with phones.
How can I reset the Logitech G Pro Wireless mouse?
1. Power it On and Off
Check if the Power button is On. If On, switch it Off for some seconds; but if Off, switch it On. Try to use it. If the problem persists, check other solutions below.
2. Unplug the USB dongle and change the port
Unplug the USB dongle, and wait for about 10 seconds before replugging in a different port on the laptop.
The idea behind this is simple, the computer will recognize the connection as fresh. This may resolve any connection issue.
3. Use the Reset button
Check your Logitech G Pro if it comes with a reset button. The button is usually designed in an oval shape.
Hold down for about 5 seconds to reset the mouse. It may be far from reach to press with your fingertips. Use a pointed object to reach and perform the action.
4. Uninstall the Logitech G Hub
- Search Logitech G Hub using Windows Search. Select Uninstall.
- Redownload Logitech G Hub.
- Follow the screen prompts and reinstall the software.
5. Troubleshoot the mouse
- Click Window key + R. Type control, select OK.
- In the Control Panel, select View devices and printers.
- Right-click on the Logitech G Pro Mouse. Select Troubleshoot. If any issue is found, select the option to apply the recommended fix.
6. Update the driver
- Launch Device Manager using the Quick Link. To do this, right-click on the Windows Logo at the bottom of your screen.
- Select Mice and other pointing devices. Right-click on the mouse name. Select Update driver. Choose Search automatically for drivers in the pop-up.
To do this automatically without going through any of the stress above, use DriverFix. This lightweight tool will help to update your mouse driver to the latest version. It can also instantly update all other drivers on your PC to avoid any future driver errors.
7. Uninstall the mouse driver
Using the steps above, instead of selecting the Update driver option, select Uninstall device. Disconnect the mouse and after about 10 seconds, reconnect.
When the mouse is reconnected, your PC sees it as a fresh connection. It will install a new driver if none is found. This method will fix the problem if the issue is caused by the driver.
8. Test the mouse on another computer
Connect the mouse to another computer. If you don’t understand how to do this, refer to the highlighted steps above on how to connect your mouse (you may want to scroll up to re-read).
This method will help determine if your system software is not compatible with the driver. Likewise, it can help discover if the issue is with your USB ports. This is because, if the mouse’s USB dongle is not establishing a connection with the PC, your Logitech G Pro wireless gaming mouse cannot work.
Why do I need Logitech G Pro wireless?
To us, the use of the Logitech G Pro Wireless mouse is a matter of choice, although it is one of the best left-handed gaming mice for all game lovers, especially professionals.
It stands out for its ambidextrous design. Aside from that, its sensor is precise, and the clicks respond perfectly. It also has a super battery.
Let’s find out in the comments section if this guide helped you fix the problem. Also, don’t hesitate to share any other method you think might solve this same problem.