A new firmware update is available for the Lumia 950 and the Lumia 950 XL, but only for handsets within the United States and Europe. A number of users have reported that the update is now rolling out, so if you haven’t yet seen the update, it shouldn’t be too long now.
The new update brings the much talked about Double Tap to Wake feature to the handsets.
Here’s the full changelog:
- Wi-Fi connectivity improvements, including fixes for Wi-Fi connection dropping randomly and Wi-Fi scan occasionally not returning any results.
- Support for double tap to wake enabled.
- Bluetooth connectivity improvements.
- Stability and reliability improvements.
- Camera improvements, including improved image and video quality, improved Auto-focus and fix for a problem that was causing slow motion capture to skip frames for some users.
- Cellular connectivity improvements, including fix for a problem that caused occasional network loss for some users.
- Audio quality improvements, including fix for a problem that caused voice call audio to get scrambled for some users.
To find out if your handset is ready for the update, go to Settings > Update & security > Phone update > Check for updates.
Some users might have to wait a while since their carrier has control over the updates they receive to their smartphones. Until then, check out the Acer Liquid Jade Primo smartphone that is powered by Windows 10 Mobile. Furthermore, Microsoft has added SMS support to the Skype UWP app.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT: