- When the sharing option is enabled, Discord will show and share your game activity with other users.
- For the sake of your privacy, Discord allows you to disable the Game Activity feature from User Settings.
- To ensure no game activity is shared with other users, remove manually added games from the Game Activity tab.
- Deactivating this option will enable you to keep your gaming activity private, and it's extremely easy to access.
Discord is a popular VoIP service available on Windows and other platforms to talk over voice, video, and text.
Its compatibility with game publishing and distribution platforms like Steam means it can broadcast or show what you are playing to other users on your server.
But, what if you want Discord not to show what you are playing?
Disabling the Now Playing feature in Discord is easy. Go to Discord settings and turn off the option. Here’s how to make discord not detect a game in Windows 10.
If you are looking to fix Discord not detecting game issue, follow this troubleshooting guide instead.
How can I hide what game I’m playing on Discord?
- Launch Discord from your desktop shortcut.
- Click the little Settings icon (Gear icon) in the left bottom corner to open the User Settings window.
- From the left pane, scroll down and open the Game Activity tab.
- Toggle the switch to turn off Display currently running game as a status message option.
- Close the User Settings window, and that’s it.
Once disabled, Discord will stop sharing your gaming activity with other users.
You can always enable the option again following these steps if you want discord to show others what title are you playing currently.
However, if Discord continues to put your game title in the status message, try deleting the game from the Game Activity tab.
Under Game Activity, hover over the game you want to remove and click the X icon on top the right corner.
If you follow these steps for all the added games to stop Discord from showing what game you’re playing.
As you can see, keeping your gaming activity private on Discord is not a complicated or cumbersome process.
If you follow the steps presented in this guide, nobody will ever know what you choose to play, so you can focus on playing without announcing your choice.
Don’t hesitate to share your experience with us by using the comment section below.