What is Media Creation Tool?
Media Creation Tool is a popular tool that downloads Windows 10 ISO file and creates a bootable media in just a few steps. This is an official tool from Microsoft, and users worldwide use it to create Windows 10 installation media.
Find out how to install Windows Updates and fix various issues by using the Media Creation Tool:
- Unable to install Windows 10 Creators Update with Media Creation Tool [Fixed]
- Media Creation Tool: Access denied on Windows 10 ISO to USB
- Windows Media Creation Tool Not enough space error [SOLVED]
- Media Creation Tool error 0x80042405 blocks Windows 10 v1903 install
- FIX: Insert your Windows installation or recovery media error
Since this is the only tool that allows you to download Windows 10 ISO files and create bootable media, it’s easy to see how an error can cause so many problems. Even though the issues with Media Creation Tool can be troublesome, there are few ways to fix these problems.
Everything you need to know on the Media Creation Tool
- What is the size of the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool?
The Media Creation Tool itself is only 18 MBs in size. The files that the tools downloads in order to install the latest Windows 10 version on your computer require at least 4GB of free space. So, in order to use the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool without any problems, you should have a USB flash drive with a minimum storage capacity of at least 5 GB.
- How long does it take to download Windows 10 Media Creation Tool?
Your computer should complete the download of the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool in under 1 minute. However, depending on your device configuration, the Windows 10 install process using the Media Creation Tool may take anywhere from 30 minutes to three hours.
Media Creation Tool troubleshooting
Many users have encountered problems when trying to install a major Windows Update using this tool. If you’re unable to install the latest Windows 10 OS version using the Media Creation Tools, you can check out our wide collection of troubleshooting guides.