How to fix Cortana
Cortana is a virtual assistant created by Microsoft for Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile, Windows Phone 8.1, Invoke smart speaker, Microsoft Band, Xbox One, iOS, Android, Windows Mixed Reality.
Cortana can set reminders, recognize natural voice without the requirement for keyboard input, and answer questions using information from the Bing search engine. Cortana Show Me app can help you navigate through Windows 10 Settings.
Fix Cortana related issues on Windows 10
- Fix: Cortana is Disabled by Company Policy
- Fix: Cortana Reminders not working
- Fix: Hey Cortana not Recognized
- Full Fix: Cortana Not Working
- Fix: Unable to Talk with Cortana
- Full Fix: Cortana Search Box Missing
- Fix: Unable to Hear Cortana Speak
- [Fix] Windows 10 Cortana Keeps Popping Up
- Fix: “I wasn’t able to connect to get you set up” error
- How to fix Cortana issues in Windows 10 Creators Update
- Fix: No Sound from Cortana
- Fix: Cortana “Ask Me Anything” not working
- Fix: Cortana Draining Battery
- Fix: Windows 10 Cortana Critical Error
- Fix: Cortana Not Finding Local Apps in Windows 10
What can Cortana do/can not do?
- All Windows 10 Cortana Commands and Questions You Can Ask
- All the Cortana commands you can use with the Xbox One
- Cortana can read your messages out loud on Android
- can shut down your PC
- can manage your to-do lists
- can search your content in Office 365
- can scan your emails to create reminders
- Cortana is now an AI-powered bot that can run errands for you in Skype
- Use Cortana with Microsoft Launcher on Android
- Xbox One users can now set Cortana reminders and alarms for their game sessions
- Connect your Microsoft Band to Cortana & Share Progress on Social Media
- Sync Your Windows PC And Windows Phone Cortana Reminders
How to use Cortana
- How to edit Cortana permissions in Windows 10
- How to Install Cortana Language Packs in Windows 10
- How to set a timer with Cortana on Windows 10
Enable or Disable Cortana: privacy concerns
Many of us have been asking if Cortana is safe and if Cortana is always listening. By default, Cortana is not always listening but there are some privacy concerns regarding data collection. Users have tried to completely disable Cortana but found out they have to disable Windows Search and use a third-party service instead. Find out more about the privacy concerns in the following articles:
- Here’s what the latest tests reveal about IoT privacy flaws
- Cortana watches your every move to offer proactive suggestions
- Windows 10 can be hijacked when locked with Cortana’s help
- Microsoft embeds Cortana in many products for an assistive experience
To enable Hey Cortana, select the search box on the taskbar and open Cortana. Then select Settings and turn on Let Cortana respond to “Hey Cortana.” Note that this can make your battery drain faster as Cortana is always listening ready to answer that keyphrase.
To disable Cortana completely is not so easy anymore since Windows 10 Anniversary Update blocked disabling of Cortana. Try the usual procedures to turn off Cortana and the advanced procedures to disable Cortana completely. Also, check out How to block Cortana’s web searches in Windows 10.
Tip: turning off Cortana does not delete user data stored on Microsoft’s servers. To manage or clear data that’s saved by Microsoft in the cloud follow these steps:
- From your Windows 10 device, open the search box on the taskbar and type Cortana.
- Go to Cortana’s Settings, then select Permissions & History.
- Select Manage the information Cortana can access from other services.
- Select your Connected Service and select Disconnect.
Customizing the last two steps, you can clear Location History, Browsing History, data in your calendar, email, contacts, and text messages. Find out How to Disable Web Search Results in Start Menu on Windows 10.
Cortana vs Siri and other virtual assistant software alternatives
- Windows 10 Cortana vs Siri: a Short Analysis
- Here’s why you should switch to Windows 10 from Mac
- 5 virtual assistant software alternatives to Windows 10’s Cortana
- Top 5 speech recognition apps for Windows 10
Check out the news on Cortana services
- Microsoft Translator app gets a new live feature and Cortana integration
- Microsoft Adds Cortana Support for Mexico, Brazil, and Canada
- Windows 10 Preview build 17127 brings Cortana’s Notebook section access
If you are a frequent traveler or visiting a country for a short period, you may want to make sure that you abide by the […]
If you’re a Windows 10 Insider, you can now check for updates and install KB4476976. This update is available for Insiders only and adds two fixes […]
One of the most popular games in the past few years was Minecraft, but many users reported Minecraft black screen issues that prevent them from […]