Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
- Microsoft released the new Microsoft Edge Dev 85.0.552.1. with a few new features and a lot of reliability fixes.
- They added a New Tab Page Search Box management policy and support for the Auto Open Allowed for URLs management policy for upstream Chromium.
- If you're just looking for the latest news about browsers, check out our Browsers category.
- Are you a Microsoft Edge fan? Head over to our Microsoft Edge Hub then.
The new update available only forcomes with a few new features and a lot of reliability fixes.
What’s new with the Microsoft Edge Dev update?
The three new features are addressed mainly to developers and admins.
First improvement is adding aPage Search Box management policy. Another is to add support for the Auto Open Allowed for URLs management policy for upstream Chromium.
At last, they’ve added support for the Auto Open File Types management policy from upstream Chromium.
Microsoft Edge Dev 85.0.552.1 brings a ton of fixes
And when we say a ton, that’s a lot. We’ve counted 9 reliability fixes and 15 behavioral fixes.
We will list here only the reliability issues here, as they appear on the release notes:
- Fixed an issue where the sometimes does not open.
- Fixed a crash on startup.
- Fixed a crash when printing.
- Fixed an issue where opening the Read Aloud voice options list crashes the .
- Fixed an issue on Mac where entering fullscreen mode in an installed app or website crashes the .
- Fixed a crash when importing data from other .
- Fixed an issue where certain 4K video content, such as that encoded using HEVC, doesn’t play properly.
- Improved the reliability of importing passwords from other .
- Fixed an issue where adding items to a Collection sometimes fails, and instead, the loading spinner is shown indefinitely.
Known issues with the new Microsoft Edge Dev 85.0.552.1
Unfortunately, the new Edge Dev update also comes with 7 know issues.
For instance, if you use some ad-blocking extensions, you may experience playback errors on Youtube. To fix this, disable the extension.
Also, if you use the extension for the Kaspersky Internet Suite, you may sometimes see webpages like Gmail fail to load. Make sure you install the latest update of the extension to fix this.
Read about all known issues in the release notes.
What do you think about the latest versions of Edge? What is your experience with Microsoft Edge? Tell us all about it in the comments section below.