Edge is Microsoft’s favorite browser, but it’s not that popular among Windows 10 users. The Redmond giant has been trying to convince users to switch to Edge since Windows 10 was launched, with mediocre results, top put it mildly.
As a quick reminder, back in December, Microsoft Edge had a total market share of 5.33%. In January, Microsoft’s browser gained more users, reaching a market share of 5.48%. These figures have been provided by NetMarketShare’s survey for the month of January.
Indeed, Edge is slowly gaining more users, but this is not nearly enough to become a real threat for Google’s browser. Chrome remains the most popular browser among Windows users, with an impressive 57.94% market share, up from 56.43% in December.
Internet Explorer remains the second most popular browser, with a total market share of 19.71%.
Microsoft Edge is the default browser of Windows 10. In a manner, Edge’s market share depends on the number of Windows 10 users. Most likely, Edge’s popularity will gain a few more market share points in April, after Microsoft releases the Windows 10 Creators Update, but won’t threaten Chrome’s popularity.
Edge’s new features will make it more appealing to users
The Redmond giant recently rolled out the biggest build update in recent months, revealing many juicy features the upcoming Creators Update will pack, including a plethora of new and interesting Edge features and improvements that will definitely make it more appealing to users.
Here are some of the new Edge features:
- Edge now allows you to easily preview every tab you have opened without leaving your main page.
- Edge now features two new buttons to help you manage all your tabs without losing your flow.
- Windows 10 now lets you launch a new Edge window or new InPrivate window straight from its Taskbar icon.
- Thanks to a new UWP architecture, Edge is now more stable, responsive, and resilient to slow or hung web page content.
- Edge can now read your ebooks aloud.
Taking all these new features into account, are you planning to give Edge a chance in April?
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT: