Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 is one of the best games of the year and certainly a great simulator game.
- After the release, a lot of users complained about installation and running issues but now, Microsoft issued a patch to fix the game.
- Our Gaming section welcomes you whether you're a hardcore gamer or just a casual one.
- When you're done relaxing, check our articles from the Software Hub for some digital tools.
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 is a great simulator game, but right after release, it made thousands of games angry with installation and running issues.
The Redmond giant moved to fix the issues and last week they announced that they will release a patch on September 3rd.
The good news is that Microsoft delivered the promise and now you can download the patch directly from the game’s website.
What fixes the new Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 patch?
We remind you of the full patch notes as presented by Microsoft:
- The title will no longer crash when different input devices/peripherals are disconnected
- The title will no longer crash when the TBM 930 package is deleted
- INSTALLATION ISSUES
- The install process will no longer be blocked after a partial decompression of a package
- The install process will no longer be blocked when a local user account includes non-ASCII characters
- The install process will no longer be blocked after a failed connection to servers
- The install process will no longer display an empty onboarding screen under certain conditions
- The title will download a critical missing/deleted package to access the main menu even if the save data preference is set to offline (when an internet connection is available)
- The title will no longer automatically download packages that have been deleted through the content manager
- The content manager will no longer get stuck in an infinite loading state when checked offline
- The Creator name of the packages should now be properly updated
- Significant FPS drop when using Simconnect should no longer affect the experience
- The performance of the title has been improved when the Display name plate option is set to active
- The correct currency is now properly updated in the marketplace
This update is just a patch and doesn’t include any new content but judging by the long list of stability improvements and fixes, we will probably hear more about this wonderful simulator.
If you have any problems with the patch or after installing it, please let us know in the Comments section below so we can try to help you.