.NET Framework updated with Creators Update support along with bug fixes and DPI Improvements
Microsoft released .NET Framework 4.7 on April 6th and the company is now shipping it with the Creators Update. It features various improvements and bug fixes and will be available for the Anniversary Update, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Service Pack 1. It will also be available for Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 201, and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 on the server side.
Visual Studio 2017 has also been updated to add support for .NET Framework 4.7.
Some of the improvements brought by .NET Framework 4.7 include the following:
- High DPI support for Windows Forms apps on Windows 10, including DPI improvements for the use of high-res icons and glyphs, a layout optimized correctly for high DPI screens, improved support for changes in DPI, and more
- Enhanced support for cryptography
- Touch support for WPF apps on Windows 10
- Reliability and performance improvements
The release is important for developers who want to use the latest capabilities introduced in this new version. Windows users will benefit from them as soon as developers start using them. Since .NET Framework 4.7 is an in-place update of .NET Framework 4.6.2, apps compatible with the previous version should also be able to run properly after this last update.
.NET Framework 4.7 FAQ:
- .NET Framework 4.7 implements .NET Standard 1.6. The .NET Standard 2.0 spec will ship later this year. .NET Framework 4.6.1 and later will support .NET Standard 2.0
- .NET Framework 4.7 includes System.ValueTuple. You no longer have to reference the System.ValueTuple NuGet package with .NET Framework 4.7 projects.
- You can start using .NET Framework 4.7 on Windows 10 Creators Update.
.NET Framework documentation can now be found on docs.microsoft.com, with the company claiming it’s easier to read and navigate compared to its previous version.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: Windows Driver Frameworks uses too much CPU
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update saves the day against zero-day threats
- .NET Framework 4.6.2 is now available with new changes
Snipping Tool in Windows OS is a handy little utility that you can access by pressing the Windows + Shift + S shortcut key on […]
The master decryption keys for GandCrab ransomware are now available for all PC users. These keys can be used to decrypt GandCrab versions 4 to […]