Microsoft Office 365 reaches 22.2 million subscribers, up from 12.4 million last year
Microsoft Office 365 has now 22.2 million subscribers compared to 20.6 million in the previous quarter. This means the company has seen a 6% growth in the number of people adopting the Office pack. And the good news does not stop here, around the world, 1.2 billion people use some kind of Office programs on their PCs, tablets or phones.
As far as the Productivity and Business Processes area is concerned, Microsoft is a winner on all fronts. Revenue increased for the Office commercial products and cloud services, the Office consumer products and cloud services as well as for Dynamics products, reaching a total of $6.5 billion:
Revenue in Productivity and Business Processes grew 1% (up 6% in constant currency) to $6.5 billion, with the following business highlights:
Office commercial products and cloud services revenue grew 7% in constant currency driven by Office 365 revenue growth of 63% in constant currency
Office consumer products and cloud services revenue grew 6% in constant currency with Office 365 consumer subscribers increasing to 22.2 million
Dynamics products and cloud services revenue grew 9% in constant currency with Dynamics CRM Online seat adds more than doubling year-over-year.
Compared to the same quarter fo 2015, revenue for the Office 365 pack almost doubled. Microsoft had 12.4 million Office 365 subscribers in Q3 2015, compared to 22.2 million now.
Microsoft fully understood how important the Office 365 pack is and constantly rolls out updates to improve the users experience. The latest update brings the capability to transfer notes from Evernote to OneNote, Power Point Designer is much more intuitive and the Portfolio Dashboard helps managers to keep track of their project’s performance.
The Office pack comes in three different variants, Home, Business and Student to suite every user’s needs:
- Office 365 Home allows you to install the pack on five 5 PCs or Macs, 5 tablets including iPad, Android, or Windows, plus 5 phones.
- Office 365 Personal adapts to your needs and gives you access to the pack on one device.
- Office 365 Business / Business Premium boosts your business with specific programs and makes it easier for your team to collaborate in real time no matter where they are.
- Office 365 University offers a four-year subscription and helps students achieve their full potential.
If you want to follow all the news related to Office 365, check out the official Office Blog.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- You Can Now Send Emails up to 150 MB in Office 365
- Microsoft Office Comes to Your Car, Along with Cortana
- You can now use Office for free on the new iPad Pro
- Microsoft Outlook Premium now in testing: Worth it?
8 quick solutions to fix Outlook connection issues when VPN is active Restart MS Outlook Restart your internet connection Allow VPN in Windows Firewall Disable […]
Cortana may not be enjoying the same sort of success as Google Assistant and Amazon’s Alexa. As such, Microsoft has no plans to compete with Google […]
If you use a USB stick in public places or on shared workstations, it is a good idea to protect your privacy. For this purpose, […]